𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗 // like falling stars

━━━ AHOY! Aha... ahahaha... ha... ha... so it's been a year since I've last updated. 

You all can thank the lovely myshmi_ for the sweet message checking in on me seeing that it has, in fact, been a year. It made me so genuinely warm and fuzzy and flustered that I've left you all hanging, especially on the last (hopefully) part of this arc. 

So, without anymore delay, Episode 150... finally! I hope you enjoy!

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

X791

BENEATH THE SKY OF DARK RED CLOUDS, like a shooting star's collision with the earth, Cobra lay in the center of a large crater, beaten and bruised but still alive.

     "Fuck you, half-pint," he cursed through gritted teeth. And yet, the corner of his lip curled upward. "Guess I deserved it though."

     He stayed there, not moving from the position he landed in — he wasn't sure he could move his limbs even if he wanted to — before he heard it. Footsteps. Soft yet hurried and moving directly toward him.

     "Who's there? Reveal yourself!" he called out to them... whoever they were. His ears were still messed up from the rapid change in altitude after being right-hooked off the chains of the Infinity Castle. Craning his head and ignoring the aching protest, his one good eye landed on the sight of a woman standing at the edge of the crater. 

     Out of breath she panted, sweat beading on her forehead, wisps of her purple hair clinging against her skin. Her purple hair... he knew that shade of purple...

     For the first time in years, his voice went soft, tinged with a spark of hope once buried deep within the depths of the void left in his heart and now flaring to life with desperation. "...Cubellios?"

°°°

"More than half of the chains are still in tact! You guys, please hurry!" Warren's voice reached her mind, tinged with desperation. Dealana looked around from her cloud after destroying another of the chains and scowled.

     They weren't even halfway done destroying them? The chains were seemingly endless. No matter how many they severed and sent crashing down to the earth below, there was always another and another with no end in sight. Maybe if she hadn't taken so long to deal with Cobra, she would have been able to destroy more chains.

     "And we call ourselves Fairy Tail," Dealana grumbled, her sharp gaze following the remnant glowing trails of magic energy swimming in the air, blindingly bright. The efforts of all of them fighting, yet still so small in comparison to the suffocating murkiness of chaos magic coating the chains. She scoffed, gathering herself once more. "Hang in there Lucy, we're going to bust you out of there."