𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎 // let's all take a(r)rest

━━━ AHOY! It's been awhile, I hope you enjoy! 

( Chapter 23 - Let's All Take A(r)rest )

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

X791

"Take these cuff off right fucking now," Dealana growled the moment she and Rory stepped foot outside Magnolia, her voice tinged with slight humiliation regarding her 'arrest'. 

She'd known very well that it was all a front once Rory called her by that nickname (which honestly made no sense given how horrendously long it was) and decided to play along. 

Information was valuable, especially in circumstances where it seemed like they were frequently in short supply. She figured it would be in Fairy Tail's best interest to have someone getting Magic Council-level information with everything surrounding the Oración Seis' coming out to play.

"Right, right, sorry about that," Rory said, his voice drawing her from her thoughts for the moment. 

"No you're not," Dealana retorted knowingly, her eyes narrowing in suspicion before she noticed the faint upward twitch of the Rune Knight's lips and the gleam of mischief in his dark eyes. Bastard enjoyed causing all the chaos amongst her guild. A low, rumbling growl began to claw its way up her throat as suspicion quickly turned to irritation and impatience.

Rory had the gall to chuckle as he withdrew a metal ring about the size of a bracelet from his coat pocket, and Dealana's ears perked up at the soft metal rattling of keys. He was gentle, inserting and turning the key, allowing the thick cuffs to fall to the ground with a satisfying thunk!

"Ah," she sighed, rubbing her wrists. "That feels much better already."

"It's been, like, five minutes."

Dealana bent down to pick up the cuffs before giving him a dry look when she stood upright again. "Have you ever had to wear these?"

"No?"

"Well, they're chunky and heavy and very uncomfortable."

"Ah, they'd probably be a good fit to use on dark wizards and criminals then," Rory mused in a sagely tone. Dealana rolled her eyes in response, unamused before shoving the cuffs against his chest when his arms didn't move quickly enough to take them from her.

"Just shut up and fill me in on the plan."

°°°

The plan turned out to be research. Lots and lots of research. 

But afterwards, kicking ass just like the bounty hunting she did with Rory shortly after she completed the monstrosity of her third Storm Talon Trial.