𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎 // seven year calm

━━━AHOY! This is a long awaited chapter for me and hopefully most of you, and I'm excited, like, really excited to write for Dealana with confidence ... but I have a choice here, a difficult and very much evil choice. 

To end on a cliffhanger or to not end on a cliffhanger, that is the choice I face while writing.

( Chapter 9 - Seven Year Calm )

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

SEVEN YEARS AFTER TENROU ISLAND DISAPPEARED

There was something off all that week, strange but not completely bad. A shift in the air that wouldn't go away, turning and turning, never settling as it built up pressure until, finally, it reached the breaking point and burst with untold chaos. Whatever it turned out to be, Dealana knew it would be something big. 

She could feel it, Camarin could feel it (the exceed had since managed to complete a modified Storm Talon Trial), Gavin could feel it, Cress could feel it, the whole Storm Talon Tribe could feel it. Heck, Dealana wouldn't be surprised if the Magic Council could feel the unknown shift in the air. They always did have this sense for chaos back in the day but that was likely due to Yajima's presence as an inactive Fairy Tail member.

Simply put, Dealana was on edge all week and no amount of overworking herself to the point of exhaustion made it go away. And she really did try, Camarin had a lot to say about that.

"I'm sooo tired, I could sleep for days!" Dealana yawned, stretching her arms above her head before promptly plopping on a cloud and leaning her back up against the tree behind her.

"Of course you could, you've been running on fumes for the past couple days and that darned shift in the air hasn't helped your rest, not one bit!" Camarin scoffed, crossing her arms. Dealana opened one eye and peered amusedly at her exceed partner (and caretaker!). 

"There's nothing to get so worked up about, 'Rin," Dealana mused. She closed her eye again, shifting around to get comfortable. "In my experience, the shifts in the air have never been anything people couldn't handle."

"Oh really? Has there ever been a shift as big as this one is?" Camarin challenged, though Dealana could tell that by this point, the exceed was searching for a way to scold her.

"Yeah, I think so, but it was nothing serious," Dealana answered nonchalantly, knowing full well that wasn't actually the case. "Whatd'ya we take a nap? Like you said, we've been running on fumes and could use some rest, right?"

"I'm getting a sense of deja vu," Camarin deadpanned, looking around at the middle-of-nowhere forest they were currently taking refuged in. Practically identical to how they first met, Dealana fell asleep in a forest, too overworked for precautions. "If we get kid and catnapped, I'm blaming you."