𝚏𝚒𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗 // cloudkill

━━━AHOY! Huh? Is this... is this a Kinana-pov-centric chapter? Uh, yeah, I think it is. That's right, y'al, watch as she wears her crown like the absolute queen she is!

( Chapter 15 - Cloudkill )

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

X791

THE SEARCH FOR GAJEEL HAD BEEN A BUST. Kinana climbed the hill back to the guild hall with everyone else. She smiled despite almost everyone else's grumbling and disappointment that they hadn't been able to track down the iron dragon slayer. Gajeel vanished after Natsu was struck down by Laxus with a single blow—the only hit Natsu managed to land was to the ground after Laxus smacked him like swatting a fly.

Despite the swift victory and Gajeel's unceremonious retreat, the spontaneous Laxus vs. Natsu and Gajeel festival was deemed a success in Kinana's book. She spent most of it with the Strauss sisters, going from booth to booth playing games and trying various snacks. Kinana even managed to win a little cloud plushy to give to Dealana when she returned home.

"I'll beat that jerk next time," Natsu vowed despite still being plagued by fatigue.

"I wonder how Gajeel would have faired against Laxus," Wendy wondered. 

"Maybe you can ask him when he comes crawling out of his hiding spot." Elfman grumbled. The take-over mage had been ranting about how unmanly Gajeel was being by not fighting Laxus like he said he would. 

"Uh, guys? We've got visitors." Max announced as they came to a stop outside the guild hall. Sure enough, three unfamiliar faces seemed to be waiting. 

The tallest of the visitors was a man with a fancy white leather outfit complete with a pair of posh shades, and his blond hair was in a rather impressive pompadour style. Next to him was a woman with deep purple-blue hair with white streaks at the front wearing a predominately dark green outfit and tall beige boots. Kinana noticed how her eyebrows resembled arrows. The final person in the little trio looked to be a girl, a few years older than Wendy with light brown hair styled in a braid with a blue bead securing the end.

"Oh, customers!" Mira Jane chimed happily. 

"Huh? Isn't that girl from Edolas?" Wendy suddenly questioned, pointing to the shortest of the three.

"Yeah... Queen Shagotte, right?" Natsu agreed.

"No, Queen Shagotte's a cat," corrected Wendy.

"Coco? Long time no see, but how'd you get to Earthland from Edolas?" Lucy's voice was heard from behind both groups as she approached with Michelle and Levy in tow. Kinana's eyes were instinctively drawn to the case in Lucy's hands, the one holding the strange memento from Jude Heartfilia.