Chapter 11

Nickolas

My lips move perfectly in sync with hers. A warm sensation emerges from my stomach. I couldn’t believe I was kissing Lexi. I was kissing my mate, the most beautiful girl in the world. She leaned up to me. She chose to kiss me. I expected her to pull away, but she didn’t. I kiss her lips, enjoying them while I can. Obviously, my wolf was thrilled with this milestone. 

Her arms wrapped around my neck tighter, her fingers gently pull on my hair forcing me to hold back my moan. I let my hand rest on her neck while the other rests on her small waist. Her hands run from my neck down my shoulders causing my body to shiver. I run my tongue across her bottom lip, begging for permission. 

She pulls away. 

I silently curse. 

Without talking, she stands up and pulls her clothes on. I stay on my knees on the rocks, mentally begging her to stop. 

She stands at the edge of the forest, waiting for me to get up and lead her to the car. I towel off and hang my shirt around my neck. Standing by her side, I take her hand in mine.

She pulls it away.

I ignore it and lead her back to the car. She gets in before I can open her door. I try to get her to talk during the entire drive home but she doesn’t utter a word; she doesn’t even look at me. 

We drive pass the gates of our pack and towards our home. She gets out before I can even finish parking in the garage. I catch up with her and go to our room.

Once in our room, Lexi goes in the bathroom and takes a shower. I frown seeing her emerge the bathroom in this. She usually wears some shorts with a t-shirt or tank top to bed. I’m unaccustomed to seeing her wear such warm clothes; we are wolves after all and have a high body temperature. 

We skipped lunch so I quickly order up some grilled chicken and french fries for an early supper. Over the month we’ve spent together I noticed it was her favorite meal. The cart arrives and we each serve ourselves a plate. Instead of sitting at the table next to me, she sits on the couch and watches TV. 

Sighing, I move to sit next to her on the couch. 

She moves to the other end.

We finish our meals and push the cart out. Lexi stays on the couch while I filled out some contracts and paperwork for the pack while she continued watching TV. Without speaking, she stood up and climbed into our bed around nine.

I immediately put my pen down and shut the computer. I tug my jeans off, leaving me in my shirt and boxers. I pull back the covers and climb into the bed next to Lexi. My arm is wrapped around her waist and I pull her closer to me, her body fitting perfectly against my own; our usual sleeping positions. My lips kiss her hair and I snuggle into her, sighing from the warmth radiating off of her. 

Several minutes later, she pulls away and moves to the opposite side of the bed.