Chapter 16

Nickolas

“Oh. Um, we just got back. Tell us about you two.” Marisa changes the subject.

“You two adjusting well to each other?” Her father asked.

“Yeah.” I smiled wrapping an arm around Lexi. I would play along with their little act for a few minutes, so as not to worry her too much.

Her father’s eyes flicked back and forth between us before clearing his throat.

“Nickolas, I know you’re the Alpha of this pack, but as a father, I ask that you treat my daughter they way she deserves to be treated. If you hurt her, I don’t care if I’m only a Beta, I’ll hunt you down.” He voice was strong, but he ended with a smile. 

Don’t mock me idiot. 

“Don’t worry, Lexi is in good hands. I came here today not just to let Lexi see you two again, but because I had something I needed to discuss with you two.”

And the doorbell rings. I sigh and stand up, pay for the pizza and return to the living room with the two boxes. The family immediately helps themselves to the food and sit back down on the couches.

Marisa barely ate her slice and kept exchanging nervous glances between her husband.

Once we were all fed I knew it was time to get to business.

“Explain Lexi’s wolf to me.” I got right to the point; I hate all this repeating myself stuff.

“Her wolf?” Marisa asks.

“Yes.”

“It’s a normal wolf, she came when Lexi turned 13.”

“Why the hell is her wolf white?” I was irritated with all the playing dumb acts.

Lexi stared at me, confusion covering her eyes.

“She’s just a one in a million kind of wolf.” her parents tried.

“Lexi was born with a white wolf. This means at least one parent had to be an Alpha. And I know neither of you two are Alphas. I need the truth. Now.” I growled out the last part in my Alpha voice. 

“What are you talking about? Who cares if I have a white wolf?” Lexi protested.

“Lexi is my daughter.” Her mother started tearing up a bit.

“Is your husband her father?” I growled.

“Yes!” James snapped.

“You never cheated on your husband?” 

“Of course not!” Marisa yells at me.

“What the hell is going on?” Lexi demands. I ignore her.

“Did you give birth to her?” Neither one of them answered me.

“Mom? Dad? Answer him!” Lexi demands.

They don’t respond.