Chapter 6

The first thing I saw when I woke up was Nickolas's face, his eyes gently shut and his lips slightly parted. I tried to move out in order to use the bathroom, but his arms where tightly wrapped around my waist. I tried to gently wiggle out, but his grip just tightened. 

"Nickolas?" I said sweetly. "Let go of me before I kick your ass." He yawned and slowly let me go. I sat up in bed and leaned over to get the rolling chair. Not anymore! My wolf was back! Get up and walk! Get that thing off!

I pushed the covers back and stared at my cast. I tried to peel it off, but that was useless. I tried slipping it off, but that was useless. I tried biting it off before Nickolas stopped me.

"What the hell are you doing? If you're hungry, order some food." He chuckled. I glared at him before returning my attention to the cast.

"I gotta take it off!"
"Doctor said to wait 4 weeks." He pointed out.
"Wolf says to take it off."
"Your wolf is talking to you? Since when?"
"About 5 minutes ago." I smiled, causing Nickolas to grin like an idiot. 

"What?"
"Your wolf is back."
"Thank you for that crucial information, Captain Obvious. Tell me something I don't know."
"All right, your wolf coming back means you've accepted me as your mate."

I freeze for a few seconds before replying.

"Or it means she wants some exercise."
"Denial is not just a river in Egypt."
"Shut up. You gonna help me take it off?"
"Yeah, wait a sec." He got up and came back with carving scissors.

Minutes later, the cast felt to the floor, cut in half. Finally! I flexed my leg and walked around the room. I went to open the bedroom door, to find a guard still there.

"Nickolas, tell the guard to move and let me out!" I whined.

"No can do." He said, shutting the door.
"Why not?" I complained.

"You can't go out until you do something."
"What?" I could feel my wolf getting excited at the idea of stepping outside.

"Accept me as your mate."

"No."
"Yes."
"No."
"Yes."
"No."
"Yes."
"No."
"Just say yes! My wolf is dying to get out!" 

My wolf was trying to force me to say yes. I really wanted to go outside and feel the sun on my face and walk around and maybe run away. But I wasn't accepting him.

"No." I replied before plopping down on the bed and turning the TV on.

Nickolas stared at me for several seconds before groaning and pulling me off the bed. He opened the door and let me out.
"You are one stubborn mate." He muttered as I smirked at him.

I don't think this is that much better. Nickolas refused to leave my side as I wandered through the house. Not really anything interesting, I saw a library, offices, bedrooms, board rooms, a kitchen and dining room table. I needed to get outside.

I wandered around some more, with Nickolas following me like a lost puppy, before I saw the back doors, leading to the fields. I quickly ran to them and turned the knobs...and they were locked. 

"Open them." I ordered.
"No, I need you to promise me something."
"Fine."
"Promise me you won't run away from me again."
"All right. I promise."

He pulled out a key and unlocked the door, slowly opening it. I stepped out and felt the sun on my face for the first time in 4 days. I took a big breath, inhaling the fresh, outdoor smell. Without thinking I shifted. I sprinted from the back porch and ran straight to the woods.