Chapter 32

Nickolas

"We're here." The wolf driving pulls into the middle of the village. Even through the tinted windows I can see that there are loads of people out here. Lexi doesn't wait to get out of the car, pulling away from my grasp. Once outside she starts hugging everyone. 

I follow out after her and make my way past the enormous crowds of wolves. I take her hand and lead her to the front of the pack house, where we climb up to the front porch and call attention from the hundreds of wolves. Most were in human form, but several stood as their wolves, different colored ones all over.

"As you can see, my team and I were able to bring back my mate, your Alfa. She has something she'd like to say to you all." I beam at my grinning mate and gesture her to go.

"I want to thank each and every single one of you; for doing your best to find me, for attacking the other wolves, for keeping my mate under control and for being so brave during a time of distress. I'm proud to be your Alfa and Alfa of this pack. Thank you!" She punches her arm into the air and the entire pack cheers with her. 

Lexi is an Alpha born wolf, she can lead this pack as well as I could. Initially, it was my worry that she would want to take over or challenge me, but since she's a second born, her thirst to rule is dormant. However, she would remain the strongest possible supporter and mate to me.

I was thrilled when no male showed signs of noticing her heat; it's easy to smell but respectful to ignore. She would be over with it in a few days.

No wolves are in the hospital anymore, but Lexi continues thanking and hugging each member and wolf. She spent almost two hours hugging and thanking and speaking to all the wolves, even the littlest of pups. I announced that everyone should just take the rest of the day off and enjoy a feast and celebration. 

"Good night!" I call over my shoulder, walking back towards my car. Lexi trails behind me, thanking several more wolves and gets into the passenger seat.

"You ready?" I ask her.

"Yeah. I want to go home."

"I had another lock installed on the front door; only you and I will have those keys. I also had a tranquilizer set put under our bed, just in case. There's also a man-made gun in the safe in our room." Security standards were raised to a maximum around my mate.

"Thanks, but you know I'm never letting you leave me alone again." 

"And I know I'm never letting you out of my sight." I chuckle.

Lexi

I strip my clothes and turn the shower on cold. I step in and sigh as the freezing water hits my body. It's like walking around on the hottest days and suddenly jumping into a pool. I spend a solid 10 minutes just standing, enjoying the cold before grabbing a bottle of soap. 

I'm rinsing my hair and body wash, when the water suddenly feels too cold for comfort. I jump back and quickly turn the knob to the warmer side, before finishing up my shower.