Chapter 3

I tuck my head into my arms and try to cover my face as much as possible. Nickolas simply ignores everyone and continues walking me to his Alpha house in silence. Luna, it's like the walk of shame.

He leads me away from the pack, and the wolves leave us as soon as the Alpha House comes into view. I'd never been near the Alpha House; I'd always been too afraid. As the huge mansion comes into view, I let my jaw drop and gawk at the enormous building. This is supposed to be for one family...what?

Does each person need five bedrooms and bathrooms?

He opens the door with one hand and leads me through the house. He carries me up stairs and down hallways before arriving at a double door. He opens the doors and walks inside, setting me down on the floor. I stand admiring the amazing room. It's a fair size and nicely decorated. Glass doors reveal a gorgeous balcony.

Thinking about my escape plan, I look down; we're about 4 stories up and the bottom is solid concrete. Jumping will probably kill me despite my wolf healing. I sigh and shut the doors again. I'll make a rope or something when I get the chance.

I continue walking around the room in complete amazement, when me eyes land on the bed. Pure white covers, fluffy pillows, cream candles, red rose petals.

Shit.

My body starts to shake as I realize what his intentions are for tonight.

I turn around to see Nickolas fiddling with the locks on the door, then trying it to make sure it's secure. I'm trapped here.

"We need to talk." He says firmly, sitting on the bed. I gulp and take a step back. 
"You touch me, and I'll kill you." I spit out.

Nickolas looks confused for a minute, until realization covers his face; he knows what this scene looks like.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to make you feel uncomfortable. I was planning on finding my mate and..well... you know." He explains, gesturing the bed while blushing.

"That's not happening." I snap.
"I figured. Can I get you something?" he asks standing up.
"You can unlock the door and let me leave."

"I can't let you leave me again. Seeing you leave earlier with...with Aaron, hurt too much. I get that you loved him. But-"

"Love, not loved. I still love him." I say. I expect him to get mad and start yelling again, but instead he closes his eyes in a pained expression.

"But you're my mate. Not his." He finishes.

"I don't want to be your mate. I want to be Aaron's." I ignore his low growl and continue. "I'm in love with him. We've been going out for two years and we have a really strong relationship. I want to be with him. I want to live with him. I want to have his pups."

Nickolas

That does it.

Hearing my mate say that she wants to be with another male made me explode.

"No! You will live in my room! You will have sex with me every night! You will carry my pups! You are mine!" I shout in her face. This is probably my biggest mistake of the night.

"Fuck you! I'm not fucking doing any of that shit with you! I don't want you! I belong with Aaron!" I growl at her and punch the wall in anger, leaving a large hole. Lexi barely flinches. Instead, she walks closer to me, and slaps my face. My cheek stings; she's really strong.

Instead of being mad though, I can't stop thinking about her strength; she'll be a great Alpha Female one day.

"I. Love. Aaron. And believe me, as soon as I figure out a way, I'll return to him."