Chapter 5 Edited Up To Here

Nickolas

I open the door to my room to see Lexi still asleep on the couch. She looks perfectly comfortable, but there is no way in hell my mate is sleeping on a couch. I gently slip my arms around her back and legs to carry her to my bed, minding her broken leg. She immediately snuggles into the warmth of the blankets. 

I watch her sleep in peace for a few moments debating whether or not if I should join her on my bed. And I do.

Lexi

My life sucks.

These past three days have been painfully boring. My life is literally just eating food, sleeping and watching TV. That's fun for the first day, but after that?

I'm not even allowed to step foot outside this room; Nickolas has guards by the doors at all times to make sure I don't.

I had to remind Nickolas that I'm still in school and close to failing because I couldn't show up. He arranged for my teacher to bring in my textbooks and e-mail homework assignments on a daily basis.

I thought that Nickolas would just get bored and leave me alone, but he never does. Then I try mentioning that he has to keep up his duties as Alpha, and he has a larger desk brought in along with his computer and printer.

I quickly run out of things to complain about, and he never lets me out of his sight. My escape plan is a failure.

Nights however, are completely different. When I'm ready for bed, I change into some shorts and a tank top and then climb right into the middle of the bed.

Nickolas just sits on the couch and watches me; we would stare at each other for hours. I try to stay awake as long as I can, but I always fall asleep at some point. 

The next morning I would wake up and find Nickolas fast asleep next to me; he always snuck into the bed once I fell asleep. I then give him a hard kick with my good leg before he gets out of the bed and takes a shower. 

Nickolas

I am getting nowhere with my mate. I have her with me her in my house and manage to sleep with her before getting shoved off in the morning, but she keeps refusing to accept me.

Making my decision, I hesitantly leave Lexi alone one morning. I know the late-night watching me has to be wearing her out, so she'll probably stay asleep for a while anyway. 

I instruct the guards outside my room and home to call me if Lexi wakes up and leave the house. My parents have their own house now that they've retired and I make my way there.

I knock twice on my parents door before my mom opens it. My mother was a great Alpha Female and she's continuing her duties because my mate isn't cooperating just yet. The duties of an Alpha Female include making sure the house are well kept, the school has supplies, bills are paid and my pack maintains a cover image from the human world.

"Any luck with her?" is the first thing she asks me. I greet her before answering and she invites me into her house.

"I can sleep with her for a few hours before she shoves me off my bed." I sigh.

"She's young. Try to understand her."

"I get that she's young! I haven't touched her! She just hates me!" 

"Do you know why she hates you? I know she used to date another boy, but that should just make her sad; there's no reason for her to hate you.....What did you say to her?" Her voice rose an octave.

"Nothing!" I protest. Nothing ever gets past my mother.

"Nickolas. You said something to her that changed her opinion of you. What was it?"