Chapter 1

Thank you guys so much for clicking on my very first story! Enjoy!

*** IMPORTANT ***

-Luna is not the right term for a female alpha, lupa is. Don't trust wiki or other wattpaders, actually research it. 

-I tried to make it a thing to use Alfa instead of Luna, but I don't really like it so I'll use Alpha Female.

-Some parts of this book might still use Alfa, and I don't want anyone else to comment that it's mispelled or leave offensive comments about it, I'll edit it later.

-I'll delete all comments about alfa, and mute those who leave rude comments. (including about this rant) 

sorry if i sound like a b*tch, but when you get 114 comments saying 'alfa is misspelled' or 'no one cares'...you can only take it so many times....

Lexi Stine

I stand up in my math class and walk to the front of the room, to turn in my worksheets. Having nothing else to do, I sit at my desk to wait out the next twenty minutes.

The bell rings and my teacher tells us we can leave. I shove my books into my bag and run out with the rest of the class.

School ended a few hours earlier today, so all the kids were really excited to rush out. I personally like school, but lately it's been pretty annoying. All anyone in this pack talks about is the return of Nickolas Devrend, our Alpha.

We are not a pack of werewolves; we're not lycans either. We are simply wolves who have the ability to shift into humans and back as we please. Our wolves and humans share a conscious together, and we are able to communicate with pure wolves and each other.

Nickolas has been away at an Alpha training academy for the last three years and would be returning today, on his 21st birthday. All the unmated females were freaking out way too much, all eager to find out who Nickolas would take as his mate. They all rejoiced in the chance of becoming his Alpha Female.

A male wolf is paired with his mate on his 18th birthday by the Luna, our moon spirit. He can start his search for her that day and, with luck, would find her. But since Nickolas was supposed to be the Alpha, he was sent away to the Alpha Academy in Canada to complete training and was coming back today.

Technically, our wolves select our own mates when the time comes, but our wolves are loyal to the Luna and she's the one who helps our wolves make the right choice.

I don't really care much for this Alpha the way those girls did. All I care about is my boyfriend and mate, Aaron Rons. Or, at least I hope he'll be my mate. We were best friends before we started dating two years ago.

I would have to wait a while to make sure he was my mate though, because we were only 15, but I love him so much. I spot him leaving his class and catch up with him. He greets me with a hug and kiss and we follow out the steady stream of kids.

We leave the school building and start walking to the pack house. Our pack bigger than most and we have our own school on the territory; it keeps us safe from humans.

"I don't remember him at all. What do you think he'll be like?" Aaron asks me, referring to our Alpha.
"Tall." I reply bluntly, causing him to chuckle. All Alphas are tall.

"I just hope he's a good leader, and his mate is a strong one."

"Whatever."

I admit I'm a little envious of the Alpha; I'm envious of anyone with a higher status than me, which are only Alphas. I was born to one of the three Betas of the pack. My older brother, Liam, would take over that position though, in a year.