Chapter 14

Nickolas

“To make things interest, how about a little bet between us?” I turn to Lexi. She crosses her arms in front of her chest.

“If I win?”

“You can see the pack later on.” I promise. “But if I when, you have to call me beloved Alpha for a year.” 

“Deal.” She doesn’t hesitate.

Lexi

“Lets start off with bench pressing.” Nickolas started adding weights to the metal bars. I eyed the giant pieces of metal; hell no.

“You know if I tried lifting any of these I’d break a bone, right?” I crossed my arms.

“And your wolf would heal you immediately.”

“I’d still feel the pain for a few seconds.”

“I said today would be painful.” I scowled at him.

“Just spot me while I do some reps. Okay?” I nodded and he settled down on the stand.

“Ready?” He gripped the bar and nodded.

“One, two, good, three…” I continued counting his reps. Nickolas knew what he was doing, he knew how to breathe and where to place his hands. 

His muscles bulged each time he lowered and raised the bar. His jaw tightened as he lifted the bar. He was in total concentration, but he kept his eyes on me the entire time. 

 He continued until he reached 25. I helped him settle the bar back on the stand and he stood up.

“Write it on the chart.” He nodded to the wall, where a white board hung with tape on it to cut it up into sections. I took the dry erase marker in my hand and wrote his name on it.

“Week One, 25 reps with 200.” I write it.

“Who the hell lifts 200 pounds?” I stared at that number.

“Well, I’d like to reach 300.” He scratched his neck.

“300? Over twice as much as I weigh.” I muttered.

“Your turn.” He pulled me over to the set and I laid down. 

“How much?” 

“How much does the stick weigh?” He raises an eyebrow.

“30 pounds.” 

“Let’s start with that.” He stares at me for several seconds before pulling off all the excess weight from the bar.

“Come on! Just one more!” Nickolas cheers as I successfully manage to lift the bar for the 20th time. He quickly helps me and rests the bar on the stand.