Chapter 29

Nickolas

“Are you all right?” I ask my mate, she looks really dizzy and is laying on the couch.

“Yeah. I don’t know, I just feel tired.” She yawns.

“Serenity was coming by soon, should I cancel? You can see her another day.” I ask. Serenity and Liam were expecting their first child. A wolf pregnancy lasts 6 months instead of 9, and she was about two months along.

Liam was ecstatic and had completely remodeled a baby room in his house within a week of learning the news. 

“No, I want to talk to her. And we’re not canceling on dinner.” She smiles. We had a formal dinner reserved at a restaurant outside our territory. We had a legal marriage yesterday.

Our marriage was simply walking into the town court and signing documents. It was in no way special, but it’s crucial for humans. She needed to take my surname, she needed to be put as the co-owner of the land, she needed to be my equal. 

The night of our marriage, we hosted a large party for the entire village and celebrated along with the news of Serenity’s pregnancy. 

Lexi had hit her second heat, barely 5 months after her first one. It’s unusual for it to come so quickly, seeing as the average female got her heat every 6 to 7 months. Not that I’m complaining; it’s probably because she’s an Alpha born. 

Lexi

Nickolas left to open the front door for Serenity. I heard Liam and Nickolas greet each other and Serenity walk up the stairs. 

“Hey Lexi, Nickolas told me you weren’t feeling too well.” Serenity walks into our bedroom. Her stomach has a little roundness to it and she looks very pleased with herself. 

“I’m just tired. I think I might be getting sick.” I answer. Wolves can get sick, just like any other creature, but we tend to get better a lot faster. 

“Oh, that’s too bad. Hopefully you’ll feel better by your dinner tonight.” She rubs my arm sympathetically .

“What gender baby do you want?” I change the subject.

“Ugh, we don’t know. It’s not actually up to us, but Liam and I want a boy to take his surname, but we also want a girl because he wants to protect her and I want a her to look like me.” 

“Maybe you’ll have twins.” 

“Maybe. I don’t know about delivering twins though. I just want my child to be healthy.” She smiles.

“And I’m sure Liam feels the same way.”

“We were going to ask you to go shopping with us for baby stuff, but I think I should help you for tonight. Besides, baby shopping with Liam is the most tedious thing in the world.”
“What are you going to help me with?” I didn’t need anything.

“Your wardrobe.”

Nickolas