Chapter 30

Nickolas

I race in my wolf form, following her scent. I sprint past my territory’s borders and along the side roads. I’m forced to stop once I reach the highway; my wolf would be run over by cars and her scent has been too interfered with other cars so the path is gone.

Some pack wolves are also with me, including Aaron. When I heard that the rogues had taken Lexi, I lost it. That office was ruined. I called every single available wolf to get out and search for her. I had some wolves evaluating the scene of attack at the house and interrogating the guards that were attacked.

They claimed that Lexi was in the house before they got there, and were ambushed  right outside the door. They were tied up, and the rogues entered the house, paralyzed Lexi and took her. The guards were beat up and hidden in a room.

And Lexi was gone.

I fought the urge to murder the failures that were my guards; Aaron reminding me that they were ambushed was the only thing preventing me from killing them. That and they could be used to find her. A state wide alert had been issued to every pack. I plan on killing whoever is responsible for taking my mate away from me. I plan on slowly torturing them.

Every 30 seconds or so, I would try to contact Lexi with my mind, but all I heard were echoes. Lexi was either unconscious or blocked off.

I painstakingly call off the search by her scent and return to the pack with the others. I still have to think of my pack and visit Liam in the hospital wing. He’s quickly healing and a distressed Serenity lays beside him in bed.

The couple makes me want to cry; they still have each other. 

“How are you doing?” I speak weakly; I have to appear strong and I can’t let my voice crack.

“It’s healing. The gold wolf did this.” He gets right to the point.

“The gold wolf?” The one I took down with Aaron.

“It must be a Beta of another pack. Since it’s gold.” I completely forgot that gold wolves were Betas, mates of Betas or mates of Alphas. But what male lets their female out as bait?

“Were the rogues all working together? One group became a distraction so the other could steal her?” I growl. 

“I don’t know. The paralyzed wolves should be waking up soon, if they’re not up already.” He lowers his head at me. 

“Get better.” I leave the hospital room.

Our cells to hold rogues or killers are located a half mile West of the village. It’s almost always empty and when it’s not, we have guards posted around the only entrance and exit. 

“Alpha.” The four guards submit to me and unlock the double bolted doors. There are only 10 cells, but each are made of adamantium. It’s impossible to destroy and toxic when exposed. The best feature is that is blocks all neuron communications; you can’t mind link in or out. 

Two cells are filled; one with a laying gold wolf and the other with a knocked out gray wolf with fur matted with blood.