Chapter 19: Awkward

"She said what?" Jisung shrieked on his phone call, and Jiwon from the other end sighed in disappointment. 

"Yeah, she told you to bring Felix along," she repeated for the nth time, and Jisung blinked cluelessly. 

"..." 

Upon not hearing a single sound from the other end, Jiwon spoke, "I told you, this was a bad idea." 

"Please! My ideas are never bad!" Jisung scoffed. 

"Does this seem to be a good idea to you?" 

Jisung pursed his lips. 

Jiwon spoke again, "See, just confess to her that you are attracted to her very much, and this was all just a terrible plan altogether. She might understand. Keyword: might." 

"..." 

"Alright, I contradicted myself, but trust me; she's gonna be understanding about it," Jiwon reassured him. 

"Nope, ma'am, we're too far off from giving up now," Jisung declared. 

"You're both so stupid," Jiwon sighed again, "You like her so much, and she obviously likes you too. I have a feeling that it's a payback to you for dating me." 

"I don't understand...?" 

"Why are you both so dense?" she whined, "I bet she's asking for Felix to come along since she wants to make you jealous, exactly like you're doing right now." 

"And on what basis do you place your statement?" 

"Jesus, why are you using the court language on me?" 

"Sorry, but... what made you think so?" Jisung was starting to get a hold on what as happening, but all of that washed off when Jiwon said, "It's just a feeling." 

"Uh huh? So I have to base my entire love life on your Peter tingle?" 

"You're Peter, dude." 

"Oh, right." 

Jiwon then heard Sihyeon's voice from the other room, so she hastily spoke, "Just bring Felix along, okay? Bye." 

She hung up, and Jisung stared at his phone in his hands, and then he fell back on his bed. 

He dragged out a long, "Felix!" 

---

She dragged out a long, "Felix!" 

"Sihyeon!" Felix exclaimed, running forward to hug her because that boy is a sucker for human contact and affection. However, when he saw Jisung glaring at him, he parted awkwardly, and said, "It's nice to meet you both again!" 

"Hey, Jisung!" Jiwon said in a sickly sweet tone, walking towards Jisung and giving him a friendly side hug. 

"Guys, come on! You're a couple now! We won't mind any PDA, right, Lix?" Sihyeon tested, and Felix panicked. 

"Uhhh...? Yeah we wouldn't? But, uh, keep it low, haha?" Felix stammered clumsily, and Jiwon and Jisung stared at each other. 

Sihyeon watched as Jiwon let loose a burst of nervous laughter and peck Jisung on his cheek, and Jisung awkwardly laughed as well. Something burned in her chest at the interaction, but then again, it was too awkward, to begin with. 

The four then stood idly amidst that same empty park they had first met in, and suddenly, an idea came to Jiwon. 

"Guys? I'm starving. I think Felix and I should get some snacks. Why don't you two talk?" she skeptically said, grabbing Felix's arm and brisk-walking away with the lost guy. 

"Um, hi?" Jisung looked at Sihyeon, dressed in a white-colored dress with crisscrossed black lines all over the flowy skirt part of the outfit. She left her hair open, which swayed with the wind and spilled over the sides of her face too. 

He didn't intend to, but he stepped forward and gently pushed the hair back from her face and tucked the locks behind her ear. Sihyeon's face grew hotter with every second that his hands touched her face. 

"Th-thanks," she mumbled, moving her eyes to the ground, which snapped Jisung out of his dreamy stance. He instantly backed off, and clearing his throat, he spoke, "You look beautiful."

She grinned at him, which sent butterflies fluttering in his stomach. He certainly hadn't felt that way before; he was sure of it. And what surprised him was the fact that she just merely smiled at him. 

Why was he feeling so dramatically romantic? Was this the side-effect of living with Hyunjin? 

"Anyways," Sihyeon spoke, "Congratulations on stealing my best friend's heart. I didn't really... see it coming." 

There was a melancholic edge to her voice; like she wasn't truly happy about it, but then again, she wished only the best for her friend. 

"Yeah, thanks, I guess..." Jisung rubbed the nape of his neck, looking at the ground. 

And what disturbed both of them was the fact that it was never this dead or awkward between them. What went wrong? 

"But, uh, don't break her heart, or I'll break your bones," Sihyeon joked, and Jisung chuckled. 

In all honesty, he would've been happier if it was Jiwon saying that to him regarding Sihyeon. 

"Look, I'm not sure what-" Jisung said, but was interrupted by Jiwon and Felix hopping into the scene and exclaiming, "We got fries!" 

Jisung sighed in agitation, "Yeah, fries it is."

(a/n: I'm either not in the mood to write happy scenes these days, or I just don't get the time or inspiration to write anything at all. I'm having my practicals lately, and my finals are just around the corner. So yeah, being a student sucks.)