Chapter 32: Butterfly

"You really love doing this, huh?" Jisung randomly questioned, watching Sihyeon bend at awkward angles to click pictures of the wondrous scenery before them.

"It's my favorite thing to do," she replied, more or less lost in the photographic world. As she almost laid on the ground to click the picture of a fish in the lake, which was swimming without a care in the water body.

"How did you get interested in photography?" he questioned, sitting down on the grass, next to her, and she got up from the laying down position to sit with him.

"Well, it's not an interesting story," Sihyeon played with her camera, tossing it from one hand to the other, "I was seven or eight when I saw my cousin show me a real, professional camera for the first time. She had bought it only to flaunt it, to make her classmates jealous. She was, like, eleven back then? Anyways, I saw it, and I was fascinated by it, to say the least. I was clicking random pictures around the house, and giggling like I was a professional, haha!"

"That's so cute," he grinned.

"And the same day, I was running around the house, and I slipped, resulting in the camera breaking as well. If I remember clearly, I hadn't felt so guilty before. But surprisingly, my dad supported me and told me that he was going to get me a better camera, and I shouldn't feel bad about it. He also said that I would be a great photographer. The same year, he gifted me this camera," she proudly displayed it to Jisung, "And he passed away a month later... this is the last thing I have of him."

Jisung rubbed her back, saying, "I'm so sorry to hear that..."

"But!" Sihyeon smiled, "At least I'm fulfilling my dad's wish. I'm becoming a photographer. I'll make his soul so proud one day, I promise!"

"You're already making him proud, Sihyeon," he warmly smiled at her, ruffling her hair gently, "He doesn't need any proof for that."

Sihyeon grinned fondly at him; he just knew exactly what she wanted to hear. It felt like he understood her so well, and that they shared the same amount of understanding for each other. She was so grateful to have him in her life, beside her, for as long as she could think of.

She didn't want to lose him, ever.

"Thank you, Jisung," her eyes crinkled into small crescents, her smile wide and her heart full of love.

Jisung blushed, finding her too adorable to not do so.

When she saw him avert his eyes, she chuckled, changing the topic, "What brought you into music?"

"Well, it's not an interesting story either," Jisung laughed lightly.

"I'm all ears," she shifted closer to him, and he grinned, continuing, "I used to live in Malaysia back when I was a kid, and things led to me coming to Korea. I have always had a thing for music, and I took the risk of pursuing my dream. And fortunately, I made it through!"

"I'm glad you did," Sihyeon spoke, "Otherwise, we wouldn't have met anyway."

Jisung rested a hand over hers, "I'm glad too."

The two sat in comfortable silence for barely a moment when Sihyeon suddenly went, "Shhh!"

"Huh?" Jisung was puzzled.

"That's a really pretty butterfly," she whispered, hoisting her camera up incredibly slowly. She barely moved, but just as she was about to click, the butterfly flew upwards.

"No!" she lowly groaned.

However, the butterfly landed on Jisung's shoulder, his body unmoving and tense.

"Don't move!" she whispered to him, snapping out a shot of him with his head turned to the side, staring at the yellow-colored butterfly, as if it was the most exotic being he had ever seen. His eyes pointed to the corner, still shining, and a small smile was spread on his lips.

Sihyeon looked at the snap on the camera, and muttered, "Beautiful."

But she didn't know if it was the butterfly which was beautiful, or the person she was whipped for.

(a/n: okay okay news flash: idk if you know it or not, but there's gonna be a third book, as the end of this trilogy. i won't tell you what it is going to be, or who is the member, but broooo I've thought a LOT about it and it's gonna be so funny ahhhh istg if i write it well, it'd probably be my favorite book in this trilogy!!

Thanks for reading! Please leave comments, I love you)