Chapter 10: Second-Hand Embarrassment

"Is that them?" Jiwon pointed at the two guys climbing out of a black van from the far end of their sight, both wearing masks and beanies. Sihyeon had to squint her eyes to make out the figures, thanks to her not-so-perfect sight.

“I think so,” she spoke, watching the two figures getting closer. Once she could see the two closely, she saw the eyes, which were the only parts of their faces visible.

“Those eyes! Those are Jisung’s for sure!” Jiwon tried to stifle her squeal, and as the two reached the girls, she dazedly whispered, “Han Jisung?”

Jisung took off one side of his mask (being careful enough to look out for Dispatch stalkers, thanks to Chan getting caught when he first met Aisha) and with a grin, he spoke, “Yes, it’s me.”

“Oh, my…” Jiwon lost balance and fell onto Sihyeon, who was suffering the second-hand embarrassment.

“I’m sorry for her behavior, she’s just a little crack,” Sihyeon nervously laughed, and she watched as Felix looked around for people who might recognize them, but there weren’t many people around, so he sneakily lowered his mask, and with the brightest smile, he said, “Hi, I’m Felix-“

“I KNOW!” Jiwon screeched in excitement, and Sihyeon sighed in ‘disappointed but not surprised’.

“She’s Jiwon, and she’s quite… hyper, so please don’t mind her,” she spoke, and then taking a breath, she spoke, “She’s the one who insisted to meet you, Jisung.”

“Oh, I bet she did!” Jisung bumped fists with Jiwon, and Felix laughed.

Sihyeon never understood how she went from downloading an app to getting embarrassed by her friend along with her idols.

“So, Sihyeon?”

That’s what Felix said, and that’s what sent her into a state of frenzy.

Did he just say my name in that deep voice he has? – Alarms went off in her head, and she malfunctioned, “Hola!”

“You know Spanish? That’s so cool!” Felix encouraged her, and she inwardly facepalmed.

Like, out of all things she had to say, why Spanish?

“Y-Yeah, no…” she took in a deep breath, and ranted, “I’m so sorry, I’m probably malfunctioning right now, but I’m honestly so anxious because Lee Felix just called my name and do you guys know that he’s my ultimate bias- oh, wait, I’m talking about my bias in front of my bias. Wow! Well done, well done! Anyways, I’m gonna run and never come back because I embarrassed myself enough! Okay, adios!”

And then Sihyeon ran.

Away from the three, away from Seoul, away from the planet, away from this galaxy – at least that’s what it felt like before Felix, Jisung, and Jiwon ran after her.

“Gosh, you’re worse than me!” Jiwon yelled after her, and Jisung and Felix put on their masks again to avoid the attention they were getting from those barely few people around them.

Sihyeon stopped when Jisung caught up to her and gently held her by the arm, ceasing her movement, and causing her to snap back to reality.

“I didn’t… I didn’t sign up for a marathon,” Jisung breathed hard, placing his hands on his knees and catching his breath.

“Oh, my gosh!” she shrieked, “I’m so sorry! You know what? The meeting is done. I can’t embarrass myself more. You’re free to go, I won’t tell anyone about your account.”

“Calm down, woman!” Jisung straightened up to come to her face level, “You didn’t embarrass yourself. Trust me, I would know. I embarrass myself a lot.”

“Really?”

“Yes! And come on, I can’t act as the sane one all the time, so let’s just… wait, what were we gonna do today?” Jisung went into a state of thought as Felix and Jiwon walked to them; the two having given up the idea long ago.

“Huh?” Jiwon questioned, and Jisung turned to her and asked, “What were we going to do today?”

“I’m not sure?”

“Let’s get you a new phone!” Felix chimed in, and Jisung’s eyes lit up.

“Yes, great idea!”

“Wait, so you were using a phone with a broken screen all this time?” Sihyeon questioned.

“Yeah, so?” Jisung got defensive.

“Why didn’t you order a phone online, then?” Jiwon asked, and the said man paused.

“Oh, right. I sometimes keep forgetting that technology has reached such levels nowadays,” Jisung stated, and Jiwon burst out laughing.

“He’s so funny!” she laughed. Sihyeon sighed.

Felix, sensing the sort-of awkward atmosphere, suggested, “Let’s go?”

“Yeah, thanks!” Sihyeon thanked him.

Well, what else could she do? After all, she had no idea what to do. Well, thank heavens for blessing them with a Lee Felix.

(a/n: you didn’t expect the second-hand embarrassment, did you? I love surprising y’all every time XDD

Honestly, I didn’t use my brain even for a second in this entire chapter, since I’m this awkward in real life sooooo-

If you’re looking for some advice, then please check out my book THE BOOK OF ADVICE!)