Chapter 31: The Effect He Has

"Where are we going?" Jisung questioned, as Sihyeon drove in her father's old car that she had borrowed for a trip.

"I can't tell you yet, but I bet you'll love it," she glanced sideways at him while driving, showing a small smile.

"I'm excited, then?" he said in uncertainty, watching as they passed by the colony of tall buildings and the hustle and bustle of people around them. As the car washed past the surroundings swiftly, the cover of only trees and the forest came by.

Except for the simple cemented road, the view around them consisted of only a huge cover of trees. It was all bright green, except for the clear sky above them and the shade of grey beneath them. Sihyeon stopped the car and flung open the door of her side, grabbing a little bag and swinging it on her shoulder.

"Come on," she told him, and he followed her like a lost puppy as she walked into the forest.

Only the sound of crushing of dead leaves beneath their shoes was their music for about five minutes, as Sihyeon walked forward, looking behind to see if Jisung was following. He followed her wordlessly, although puzzled and out of wits.

Soon, they heard the faint sound of running water, and Sihyeon stopped walking.

"We're almost there!" she announced, breathing heavily since she had been walking for so long. Jisung, on the other hand, was not exactly tired.

"How are you not tired?" she incredulously questioned him.

"Well, we dance a lot and work out too," he triumphantly grinned.

"JYP needs to shut down the gyms," she panted, "It's getting out of hand."

"Hm? You don't like my biceps or what?"

"N-No, I didn't say that..."

"Ooh! Does my body drive you crazy?" he wiggled his eyebrows, obviously kidding, but didn't expect her to slap his arm and blush, averting her eyes. That made him laugh harder.

"You're so shy, babe," he intentionally made her get more flustered.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," she covered her cheeks with her hands and faced away from him. He laughingly scurried up to her and gave her a back hug, burying his face in her neck and chuckling.

Goosebumps went down her body as she felt his breath on her neck, and she couldn't be any redder.

"Han Jisung!" she whined, "You have no right to make me so flustered!"

"So you finally accept it, babe," he hummed, "This is the effect I have on you!"

"Yeah, as if you didn't know," she bit her lip, averting her face, unintentionally giving him more space on her shoulder to place his neck on. He smirked, placing a butterfly kiss on her shoulder, and felt her shiver.

And Jisung enjoyed it to no end.

"A-Anyway," she stammered, too flustered to put her words correctly, "I wanted t-to show you something..."

"What is it?" he pulled away, and Sihyeon hated to admit that even though she was ultimately flustered to have him so close to her, she craved his touch.

Brushing away those thoughts, she shook her head and grabbed his wrist gently, pulling him along with her. They walked for about a minute, and then, behind the huge, leafy trees, they discovered a lake running through the forest, shining crystal clear under the sun.

The light cover of trees around it induced a netted shadow of theirs on the water, all thanks to the sunshine above it that created a shadow. Pebbles were scattered around the water body; grey and pale yellow, and the air was clear and fresh.

"Whoa..." Jisung's mouth flew open as he observed the wondrous scenario around him.

"This is what I wanted to show you," Sihyeon grinned ear-to-ear, drawing out her professional camera from her bag.

"A camera?" he knitted his eyebrows in confusion.

"You forgot my description on Daddy Material? I love photography!" she exclaimed, obviously loving her surroundings.

Jisung nodded, watching her with a huge, proud smile as she closed one eye to look into the camera, and snapping a picture of the lake. He loved watching her enjoy herself and do her favorite things. It was addicting - that smile of hers was.

Like a puerile excitement; her eyes sparkling with joy, her smile the widest, and oh, the crinkles on the sides of her eyes. He had the sudden urge to kiss her right then and there, but he instantly recalled how hesitant she was to kiss him previously.

With that, he suppressed his desire to kiss her, only watching in satisfaction how she rejoiced upon being where she wanted to be.

And Jisung simply wanted her.

(a/n: kinda cute, right? hope you didn't cringe lmao

PLEASE LEAVE SOME COMMENTS OMG I LOVE COMMENTS

I love how I randomly start screaming lmao am i #narcissistic)