Chapter 24: "How to unhear?"

Felix was struggling.

It wasn't even his love story, to begin with!

With promises with Sihyeon on one end, and the trust of Jisung on the other, he was stuck. It was confusing him; he truly had understood the concept of time loops and the Avengers universe, but this was something that was perplexing for him.

At the dining table with all the other members at two in the noon, the others chatted and ate their food... except Felix.

Why was he good at keeping promises? Why couldn't he be... worse? Is there a word for promise-breakers?

"Hey, Lix?" Changbin asked.

"NO, I'M NOT GONNA KEEP ANY PROMISES!" Felix burst.

"...I was gonna ask if you wanted more rice...?" Changbin narrowed his eyes at him.

Feeling apologetic, he muttered an apology, but the tension remained in his mind.

"Felix? What's wrong?" Chan asked in concern, gently placing a hand on his shoulder.

"I'm just-" Felix suddenly stopped talking when a god awfully amazing idea struck him.

It was to make Sihyeon and Jisung meet face to face and talk more.

Yeah, not very original with that idea, Lix.

(said Jiwon from miles away)

"You just?" Seungmin questioned.

"I JUST GOT A GREAT IDEA!" Felix exclaimed, jumping off his seat and making the chair fall back with a thud.

He sprinted over to Jisung and dragged his chair away with him on it, and as the quokka struggled, Felix made a Lenny face and simply said,

"Prepare yourself. You're gonna see the light."

---

"Prepare yourself. You're gonna see the light."

"For the last time, my life isn't Disney's Tangled," Sihyeon groaned.

"Don't groan at me. Jisung texted me that and told me that we're having a double date," Jiwon infomed.

"Uh? Aren't we having too many double dates lately?"

"You don't wanna be my moral supporter when I act like a madwoman?"

"Yes, bro; anything for you."

With that, Sihyeon walked out of the place to go to her own room, and Jiwon had no idea why in the holy hell did Felix suggest a double date.

"Jisung is going to be the death of me."

---

"Sihyeon is going to be the death of me."

"Relax, Sungie," Felix kept a hand on Jisung's shoulder, "Sihyeon and I might be dating but you can still shoot your shot. You're my bro."

"Aww, bro!"

That's when Jiwon and Sihyeon walked up to them, taking off their masks, and smiling at them.

"Hey... babe?" Jisung hesitantly let out, side-hugging Jiwon, who was too uncomfortable to even be in that dreadful situation.

"Oh, hey, baby!" Sihyeon acted petty, going up to Felix and hugging him too.

Jiwon and Felix glanced at each other, both too awkward. Meanwhile, Jisung and Sihyeon spared each other a glance and glared.

However, that glare was just a sign of being extremely salty because of their plans — their eyes softened not a moment later. Their eyes locked, and as they stood in the same position of hugging their supposed partners, they longed for each other.

Felix and Jiwon noticed that, and they lowly sighed.

If stupidity had faces, it would be theirs — Jiwon thought, looking at the the little phase of eye-contact that the two smart people were having.

"Okay, I guess that's enough hugging," Felix awkwardly laughed, but his deep voice somehow made it sarcastic.

"How are y'all doing?" Sihyeon asked, parting from Felix's arms, and so did Jiwon.

"I'm great! Just having a lovely time with the love of my life," Jisung just had to be extra.

"Ah, me too!" Sihyeon grabbed Felix's arm and wrapped hers around his, "My cute, freckled love."

Jisung inwardly fumed and said, "Jiwon, baby, I love you so much."

"Love? Seriously?" Jiwon mumbled to him, scrunching her face up.

"Felixie, I wanna kiss your freckles!" Sihyeon whined in a cringeworthy manner.

Felix was on the very verge of regretting his decision to make them meet, and he waited for Jisung to accept his defeat and confess his feelings to the girl he liked, when Jisung made it even worse,

"You know, Jiwon? I've been thinking about settling down. Frick, I wanna propose to you!"

Felix and Jiwon gasped the loudest.

"You wh-what?" Sihyeon stuttered out.

Alarms went off in Jisung's head, and his conscience told him to just bury himself under the ground without another word. Even his conscience couldn't deal with his genius ideas.

"I promise, he's much smarter. I don't know what went wrong today. Please, I can't watch or listen to this anymore. Ah, my ears! How to unhear?" Felix panicked.

Meanwhile, Jiwon stood like a statue on her place. Watching Jisung alarmed and Sihyeon completely crestfallen, she knew that she had to talk with her right away, especially at their home.

"Enough madness for today, ahaha! L-Let's go home?"

(a/n: please don't hate me istg it gets better

we're at 8.88k reads!! Let's get that 9k milestone!!)