Protected By Him

I'm on a roll* Please comment and vote*

////////////

"Detrick I'm supposed to be meeting someone so you should go."

"Well what time were you supposed to meet?" He asked faking like he didn't already know.

"Eight o'clock."

"Well its 8:36pm and he's not here so I think its safe to say you've been stood up. Why don't you try calling him to be sure?"

"I don't have his number."

"Well no point in having dinner by yourself. Were both here and no point in you wasting that beautiful dress so let's make do." Did he just give her a compliment? Why was she blushing? Dessiah was trying to control herself. Did Paris plan this? If she did they would definitely have a couple words tomorrow.

The waiter came over and Detrick ordered grilled platter for them both.

"How do you know if I wanted that to eat?" Dessiah asked with an attitude.

"If you would like we can change the order."

"No its fine." Dessiah looked away avoiding his eyes. But it felt like those Hazel green eyes were caressing her skin. Detrick licked his lips as they were becoming dry. How could a woman look so elegant and sexy in a red dress? He would be sure to thank Paris in a special way for recommending it to Dessiah to wear. Good Lawd!

"So."

"So."

"You look beautiful tonight."

"Thank you." Dessiah was so short with him which made it obvious she wasn't going to make this easy.

"Dessiah I had fun today with you and Delaney."

"I bet you did." Dessiah rolled her eyes. Detrick smiled.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"You enjoyed being the hero today and making me look like the bad guy."

"How was I making you-... wait I looked like her hero? Did she say that?" Detrick smiled.

"Detrick she's my daughter and what I say goes. So if I say she can't have anything then that's law okay?"

"Sure. When your footing the bill but when it's my money it's my law. You might as well not go back and forth I told you before you won't win. So let's change the subject and talk about why you didn't tell me you had a daughter in the first place?"

"Detrick I know nothing about you to go and tell you my business."

"Okay so ask me."

"What?" She looked at him with an arched brow.

"Ask me what you want to know."

"Anything?"

"Yes anything." Detrick took a sip of his cognac knowing he may have made a mistake agreeing to this. "Look everyone has their perception about me but few take time to really get to know me so heres your chance. But there is once condition."

"What?"

"I get to ask you what I want."

"No! Negative."

"Fine." Dessiah looked at him in his eyes and felt dizzy like she were under a spell.

"Okay but if there is anything that makes me feel too uncomfortable then I have the right to say I don't want to answer."