His Quality Time (Official Chapter)

The following week came faster than expected and Dessiah was relieved. This would be her very last week in Japan and she couldn't be more thrilled. Granted it was beautiful and a life changing experience but she was ready to go back home and get to know Detrick in comfortable territory.             

"Morning Paris." Dessiah said walking up to her desk.

"Hey De. You look nice. Hmmm" Paris examined Dessiah from head to toe.

"What?" She asked with an arched brow.

"I don't know there's something different about you."

"Nothing has changed."

"Yes there's a glow about you."

"Hmm." Dessiah smiled brightly.

"Don't hmm me. I know it has to be the Detrick effect. I'm so happy for you guys."

"Thanks Paris. I'm so excited about this opening today I don't know what to do with myself."

"You and me both. After all this hard work and being over here so long I'm ready to go home."

"What about Alec? Are you guys going to be long distance?"

"Well he plans on leaving the military in a few months. His time is almost up so we'll more than likely go back to Georgia."

"Oh Wow that sounds nice. Are you excited?"

"Extremely. Can't wait to have my baby to myself. When are you and Delaney going back?"

"Well after this opening I think next week hopefully. I'm praying."

"I know the feeling. Tomorrow Alec and I are going away for the weekend. If you want I can watch Delaney for you so that you can celebrate the opening tonight."

"That would be perfect. Are you sure Paris?"

"Yes of course. Plus it will allow me time to spend with her before you leave. Just come and get her in the morning."

"Thank you. I know she will love that. Hey is he in his office?"

"Yea. He and Shandon are going over some last minute details." Dessiah walked to the door to knock and before touching the door it was opened by Shandon who was leaving with rolled up posters tucked under his arm. He smiled happy to see her.

"Hi."

"Hi Shandon how are you?"

"Good now." Dessiah returned his smile. They stared at one another and Detrick interrupted the silence from within his office.

"Thank you Shandon. We'll meet you at the store in an hour." He called out. Shandon nodded.

"See you later De."

"Okay." Dessiah moved aside to allow him to pass and walked into greet Detrick.

"Hey." Detrick smiled warmly embracing Dessiah. He had been waiting all morning to see her.

"Hi." She reached up to peck his lips.

"You ready for today?"

"More than ready. I checked the store and everything looks up to part."

"I'm glad. I couldn't do this without you Dessiah. Thank you. You really came through."

"You're welcome. We should celebrate tonight. Paris said she would keep Delaney so that we could go out."

"Sounds like a plan to me. Where do you want to go?"

 "Anywhere you want to take me." Pecking his lips there was a satisfaction that rested between them. Two people driven by stubbornness and heartache found peace with one another. Although Dessiah vowed to take it slow she was constantly finding herself smiling thinking "Is God really this romantic? How amazing is he to conceive such a love story?'  

      The opening was a true success. The turnout was over whelming and far beyond expectations. Mr. Aiko was so pleased that he even offered Dessiah job to work for him directly. Russell did what he could to persuade her but she politely declined. The store was occupied with many people excited to try new gadgets displayed as if it were a convention except they were for sale. From new virtual games to a massager that had two robotic hands connected to make you feel like you were in a parlor. Faucets that change colors to Refrigerators that had t's in the doors. Flat screen tvs lined the walls that respond to voice command. Think Siri on steroids. Every face was enthused to purchase products that had not been distributed anywhere else.  It was assumed that the amount of sales in the twelve hour opening was an equivalent to a week of sales in their China location. 

       Shandon watched Dessiah across the room as she interacted with customers and participated in the displays. He could no longer fight the chemistry between them. She had a light about her that he had never seen before. His mother would say it takes a true woman of God to walk with the light of Gods Glory in her presence.

      Not only beautiful, funny, smart, and humble. She was something special and he only wished he had more time in Japan to have spent with her. Maybe he would be lucky to enjoy more of Dessiah in Atlanta.

"Great turn out Dessiah. You did an amazing job." Shandon came to stand next to her.

"Thank you Shandon but this was a team effort. I'm just so happy to see all of our hard work manifest." She stared at the people and he smiled in her direction.

"Hey what are you doing tonight?"

"Well, I planned on celeb-.."

"Hey Dessiah can I talk to you for a moment?" Detrick interjected. It was like he had a radar. The moment he saw Shandon and Dessiah together he was constantly interrupting. She would make a point to discuss that with him. It was too early in their relationship for him to become jealous and possessive.

"Sure. Shandon can you excuse me for a moment?"

"Sure. I'll be here when you get back."

"Actually Shandon why don't you check in and make sure Russell doesn't need any help. I see if we need more refreshments."

"One step ahead of you boss. I already put extra refreshments out." Shandon smiled smugly and Detrick didn't miss a beat. Dessiah lead the way for Detrick to speak to her.

"What's up?"

"I know its almost time for us to leave but Mr. Aiko and his associates would like to have dinner with me. I know that we we're going to celebrate tonight."

"Its fine go ahead. I don't mind."

"He wants to introduce me to his friend who could provide more products to be sold. Are you sure you don't mind?"

"Detrick go ahead sweetheart I don't mind at all. I'll be fine. Besides I'm kinda ready to head out anyway. I need to eat something."

"Okay but I promise I'll call you as soon as I get home tonight."

"Okay." Detrick kissed her on her cheek and for some reason lingered. Then walked out of with Mr. Aiko Leading the way. Dessiah said her final goodbyes and Shandon approached before she could walk out the door catching her hand in his.

"Dessiah."

"Oh Shandon I'm sorry I forgot-.."

"Forgot about me already?"

"Haha sorry."

"Look I don't know about you but I'm starving like Marvin. Do you want to get something to eat with me? I mean nothing special maybe a good sandwich." Dessiah was hesitant but his charming smile was hard to resist. Besides, a girls gotta eat right?

"Sure. I could eat."

"Lead the way." Holding his arm out Shandon followed behind Dessiah excited to be able to spend time with her. Even if it was a little, it would be quality, his quality time.

Hi Honeybees I miss you guys. I know that this story is going slow but I want you to know its about to pick up and hit hard. Ive been taking a while to update but Im moving in three days and haven't even packed anything yet so just imagine my delay. Someone asked for Paris point of view and Lisa. I don't think Lisa's is necessary but Paris will be soon. Now what do you think will happen with Shandon? I think he's feeling some type of way. Hmmm. Could it be trouble brewing? Hmmm Make sure you comment and vote and remember stay tuned because its gonna get serious.

Love you Honeybees