Too Much Too Soon (Official Chapter)

Hi guys thank you for being so paitient. All your prayers and messages have been appreciated. I love each one of you so much. I'm doing so much better. Thank you. Here you go I know you missed them Like I did.

//////////    Monday came and Dessiah and Detrick were in on natural high of emotions. Dessiah was excited and scared at the same time. Excited about what was to come and scared about that could possibly go wrong. Putting your heart in someone’s hand after it’s been abused for so long is quite nerve wrecking. However she felt Detrick was worth the risk but she vowed to not open herself completely until he showed himself worthy to know all of her.

    When Paris and Delaney returned Dessiah and Detrick decided to keep their new found relationship to themselves until later. Now in the middle of a new work week and Dessiah sat in her office deep in thought. She hadn’t seen Detrick since he left her room on Saturday and she had to admit she missed him. It was crunch time because next week would be Aiko’s grand opening. Soon their time in Tokyo would be over after the second location opens and hopefully that would be soon enough. Dessiah’s phone beeped pulling her out of her thoughts.

“Hello?” She answered.

“Hey De whats up girl?”

“Hey Lisa! What’s up girl?!”

“Nothing much, same ol’ same ol’. I bought a calling card to talk to you.  I’m missing you guys like crazy.”

“We miss you too. Lisa I have so much to tell you chile.”

“OOO what happen? Whats the tea?” Lisa said enthused.

“Well, you may have been right about God writing my love story. Lis Detrick asked me to be with him.”

“WHATTTT!!! OH MY GOODNESS! GIRL WHAT DID YOU SAY? You better have said yes or I’ll come through this phone and punch you in the throat!”

“Really!?”

“Yep!”

“We agreed to give it a try. Lisa you gotta hear how it happened like oh my God it was like something out of a romance novel.” Dessiah twisted the phone cord in her fingers blushing recalling that fateful day.

“Well honey give me tea, actually wait a minute let me run and get a snack. Hold on right quick.”

“Okay ahaha.” Lisa ran to the kitchen for her mint Milano cookies and blue bell ice cream. She came back to the phone and got comfortable under the covers as if she were going to be read a bedtime story. Turning of the tv and fan to give Dessiah her undivided attention.

“Okay De I’m back.”

“Haha comfortable?”

“Very now tell me everything. I want details, leave nothing out. Paint me a picture, what were you thinking, facial expressions, tones, I want it all.”

“Hhahaha Lisa a book doesn’t even do all that.”

“Your right. But Im not reading a book I’m living vicariously through you. I need to know so you can give me hope of what God can do for me chile. This is your testimony now tell the church amen. With a man like that you need to be saying “thank ya!”.” They both laughed.

"Alright so do you remember Shandon that I told you about from back home?”

“Mr. Rude from the office who offered you the job?”

"Yes him. Well him and I became cool over this time and come to find out he’s not a prick after all.”

“Haha okay I’ll take your word for it.”