To Tell him or not to tell is the question (Official Chapter Part 2)

An Hour had passed and it seemed that Shandon and Dessiah couldn't get enough of one another's company. Walking along the bridge of a nearby park with Champagne and glasses in hand. Shandon had a bottle in his rental car for him to celebrate later that night. Now his celebration was going better than he expected because Dessiah was with him. As they walked there were moments of silence, but they weren't in the least bit awkward. It was as if the peace between them formed a conversation.

The moon shined bright above them highlighting Dessiahs natural beauty which cause him to stare. The water flowed beneath them and the cities lights provided a breath taking view.

"Wow" Dessiah sighed looking at the many skyscrapers far across the lake.

"I know."

"Have you ever seen something so beautiful?" Dessiah asked staring straight ahead.

"Can't say that I have." Shandon stared at her.

"My grandmother would have cried knowing that I got to be here. Happy tears of course. She always wanted me to see the world and to be here is just... amazing." Dessiah spoke in a cracked voice. Knowing that her time in Japan would soon be up was becoming bitter sweet. She took a chance and went to a foreign place where it she was pushed out of her comfort zone. God definitely had a plan because who knew Japan would bring Detrick back into her life. She began to wonder what he was doing at that very moment and if she was even on his mind.

"Hey why don't we pop this thing open?" She nodded placing the glasses to stand on the ledge. Shandon unwrapped the bottle of Moet pulling the cork causing Dessiah to jump. He laughed. Tilting the glass for him to pour Dessiah waited while he placed the bottle on the ground beside them and handed him his full glass of Champagne.

"Thank you."

"Your welcome. Should we make a toast?" She asked.

"Sure. To you."

"Me?"

"Yes. Dessiah I've worked with many people in my career and no one has ever been as efficient ,patient ,driven, or just an overall pleasure to work with. You Ms., Hawkins have surpassed my greatest expectations. It has truly been my absolute pleasure to work beside you. You deserve all the success that is coming your way. Cheers." There flute glasses touched and they each took a sip staring into each other's eyes. Dessiah looked away from his gaze and back towards the buildings.

"So what's next for you Shandon?"

"Well a few more clients that have to be tended to once I get back to Atlanta. Just get back to the norm I guess."

"Just work?"

"Yea pretty much. I have to also check on my mother. Other than that it's just work. What about you?"

"Same. Work and taking care of my daughter."

"Dessiah can I ask you a question?"

"Sure."

"Where do you see yourself in ten years?"

"I'm not sure. Hopefully still with the company. I haven't really thought about it."

"I mean outside of work. What do you want? Like when you were growing up what did you always dream of?"

"All I ever wanted was a family. Like the Cosby's if I could choose. Haha I wanted stability and for my daughter to never feel what I felt as a child from my parents. Sometimes I think I failed her by not giving that to her."

"I don't think you failed. Delaney is a character but one thing is for sure, she loves you very much."

"I always wanted to be that working class family who had rarely ate out and had family dinners every night of the week except the weekend. Have game night every Thursday and movie night every Friday. We would take trips. Like small adventures. Whether locally to Stone Mountain or abroad to Anguilla. We'd pray together and Worship together. Granted there would be hard times but that would make our bond stronger. I always wanted to feel safe and secure whether there was a dollar in the account or it was overdraft, I just wanted to feel real love."

"I had moments in my life where it crossed my mind to have that but I wasn't fully sure that type of life would be for me until..... until I met you." Dessiah was caught off guard by Shandon's confession. "Dessiah I have never been more intrigued or mesmerized by a single woman until I met you-"

"Shandon I'm flattered but-..."

"Just hear me out, I know we barely know one another but we've become friends during this time right?"
"Yes but-.."
"No buts necessary De. Maybe there is something between us and we should see what that is or where it can go."
"Shandon, Detrick-.."
"Doesn't have to know." He interjected.
"Shandon I can't-..."
"Just try." He swiftly pulled her into him and kissed her lips passionately trying to convince Dessiah to open her mind as well as her heart to the possibility of there being a 'them'" Dessiah fought her body to gain control of her mind because that kiss had her gone. Then suddenly Detrick's smiling face flashed before her eyes and she quickly pushed Shandon away.
"Shandon I can't be with you. I'm sorry but I'm with Detrick." She spoke short of breath. Shandon looked at her with furrowed brows confused and disturbed by her confession and rejection.
"I thought you said there was nothing going on between you two! Isn't that what you said when I was at your house? Dessiah answer me!" His voice slightly raised.
"Yes, yes that's what I said and at that time it was true. Then later things changed and now there is something going on and I want to see where it goes. Shandon I'm so sorry. " She reached out to touch his arm. " If I mislead you that was never my intention. You are an amazing man although that wasn't my first impression of you. You have truly grown to be my friend and I hope this won't jeopardize our friendship." Shandon clenched his jaw looking away then met her gaze.
"No, De it hasn't. Don't worry about it, my mistake. I'm sorry that I kissed you."
"Its alright. Maybe I should get a cab."
"Nonsense. I'll take you back home. Come on." Pouring out the remainder of their champagne in the River he put his hand on her back and lead her towards the street to the car. "Hey Dessiah what did you mean about your first impression of me?"
"Umm."
"What did you think of me?" He asked.
"That you were an asshole." Shandon shot her a look shocked that he came off that way to her.
"Really? Then the next time you realized how great I am? Honestly it wasn't until that night in your office when we had that conversation that I first saw a different side of you. Then when you left me to come to Japan by myself I felt like there's that ass again. I mean I wasn't aware of your mother's health. It took for me to come to Japan to see you as my friend because your support and teaching got me through this entire experience." Shandon unlocked the car and opened her door for her.
"So I surprised you?"
"Yes you did."
"Hmph." Dessiah watched his eyes wander in hers and she suddenly felt she said too much so she just got in the car and stared straight ahead. Shandon closed the door behind her and made his way to the driver side. Dessiah pulled her cell phone out of her purse which she left in the car when they were on the bridge. There were 4 missed call from Detrick causing a rush of aniexty of come over her at once. Her she was with a man who made Detrick jealous, with whom not only kissed her but also while missing his calls. Would this be the thing to destroy their relationship before it even fully began? Should she take it to the grave? Detrick words echoed in her head about honesty and then she questioned when there is a time to be too honest? To Tell him or not to tell is the question.

/////// OMG WHAT IS DETRICK GOING TO SAY IF HE FINDS OUT? DO YOU THINK SHE SHOULD TELL HIM?THEY JUST STARTED DATING AND HE KISSED HER NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND! HMMM DRAMA IS BREWING. PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE.