Fatal Warnings (Part 1)

I know its short but I wanted to post something and the next needs a few more details.

     Walking down the hallway to Dessiahs room Detrick stood close to her side. He didn’t want the  night to end between them. The fact that Dessiah had thanked him for what he had done in the past, made him want to thank God for letting her walk back into his life. So beautiful, kind, and strong she was everything that he could never see for himself but God knew he needed. Dessiah reached her door and pulled out her key but didn’t open the door. She took a step forward to him in the middle of the hall and just smiled in his eyes. They said nothing but what they felt meant everything.

“Well, I had a wonderful time tonight.” Dessiah looked down at her purse and fiddled with its clip opening. Detrick could tell she was nervous and that made him want to make his next move even more. He took steps forward backing her into the door making a thump and her breath to catch in her throat from surprise. Detrick stared deep into her eyes and smiled into her soul. His hand on the small of her back while his right hand gently caressed her soft skin and her perfume tickled his nose alerting every one of his senses. He paced himself from kissing her because he had a ferocious appetite for her mouths taste.

“Tonight was wonderful for me too. You are some kind of wonderful.” He whispered closely to her lips. Dessiah couldn’t handle the attraction between them and through her purse down causing it to hit the door and as he leaned forward to kiss her the door opened and she lost her balance and nearly fell back. Detrick caught her waist just in time.

“Hey, I’m sorry. I heard a noise I thought you were struggling to get inside.” Lisa said dressed in “No… I was umm… we were…-“

“Hi I’m Detrick.” He extended his hand to Lisa.

“Hi I’m Lisa nice to meet you.”

“Lisa were you fighting crime?” Detrick asked.

“Huh?” He pointed to his face to signal that she had on the frozen mask. Embarrassed Lisa ripped it off and threw it behind her totally forgetting that she had it on to begin with. Detrick giggled.

“Well don’t let me interrupt you guys I’ll just go back to bed.”

“No actually I should get going. Dessiah it was a pleasure.” He shook her hand.

“Yes thank you I had fun. Goodnight Detrick.”

“Good night.” He kissed her cheek gently and lingered with his lips on her skin. Pulling away he said goodnight to Lisa and headed down the hall. Dessiah watched him until he was in the Elevator. Turning into the room she closed the door behind her and found Lisa on her knees in front of the couch with her head bowed.

“Lisa what are you doing?”

“Girl I’m praying! If God sent you that fine specimen of a man then I know I might have a chance with Maxwell.”

“Hahaha the singer?”

“Yep. Lord I want him in my house singing A woman’s work and making me breakfast.”

“Lisa you are a mess.”

“Whatever, stop interrupting me. Amen.” Dessiah removed her shoes and kissed a sleeping Delaney. She looked so peaceful under the covers in bed.

“Okay so tell me details I need to know everything. Matter of fact let me get a snack first.” Dessiah changed into her pj’s and they both sat on the couch with a glass of wine.

“He’s really a nice guy.”

“I can see that but what happened to the other guy?”

“I don’t know. I think he didn’t show up, but I know I was a little late I hope he didn’t think I stood him up. I’ll have to talk to Paris about that tomorrow.

“So how did Detrick end up there?”

“I don’t know he just happened to be there which I found odd. You know what when I told him I was meeting someone he knew it was a man but I never said it was at first. I wonder how he knew that.”

“You don’t think it was a setup do you?”

“I… don’t know. Anyway, we talked and I got to thank him for what he did and learn about him. Lisa I started crying at dinner.”

“What about?”

“Just everything. I told him what happened with Darryl and when I started thanking him I just broke down and he came and held me so tight. It felt so comforting and safe. Lisa can remember the last time I felt so safe in a man’s arms. Like everything could crumble around us but he and I would be okay because he was protecting me and God protecting us both. It was weird to feel that way just from a hug from someone I spent a lot of time disliking.”

“I told you God is not playing with you boo. Now all of this is beautiful but De did you tell him you’re still married?” Dessiah looked down then shook her head no.

“De, you have to tell him. It’s best to be upfront so he knows what he’s getting into and besides it’s not your fault. You sent the divorce papers and they were returned in the mail. He moved and that’s beyond your control but you need to tell him.”

“Lis I don’t even think there is going to be anything between him and I to say anything.”

“I’ve already told you there will be but you don’t want to believe it. Whether you believe it or not you need to tell him to be safe than sorry.”

“Darryl is living his life and I’m living mine until there is a man who I feel I can move in that direction with then I will tell him. Until then I’ll keep that information to myself. As great as he seems and it feels good with him he has a habit of changing and I don’t need to be hurt or have my baby girl getting close to him and being let down.”

“Dessiah do it your way but when it blows up in your face don’t say I didn’t warn you. You’re in your feelings so you can’t see past this moment or what he’s acted like with you. Detrick is a good guy and he’s not going to take you being married lightly.”

“He doesn’t have to take it any type of way because we are not together. Look I’m tired so I’m going to bed. Good night.”

“Good night love.” Dessiah kissed Lisa cheek and headed to bed. She couldn’t suppress the feeling in her gut that Lisa was right but she would take her chances. There couldn’t possibly be a future with Detrick Simmons anyway. Right?