Big Easy Ain't So Easy

Hi Honeybees so I have some great stuff for you. As for the challenge of what is Dessiah's husbands name and where did you find it? Well it was really close and I appreciate all who participated. It was close by literally two minutes. Who submitted first and correct. The winner is Beautifuldezz. Congratulation Honeybee. This chapter is dedicated to you. You will also get the next chapter before anyone else. Once I complete it of course.lol Thank you for you submission. You are the Honeybee Baby In a NOLA accent. I will inbox you the chapter once completed. Don't be said guys there are more contests to come. Hope yall enjoy this chapter. comment and vote. We need 110 votes and 85 comments for the next chapter post. We can do it. Laytosha ain't playing. Enjoy

The Big Easy Ain't So Easy

Dessiah had been a nervous wreck ever since she made it to New Orleans. Maybe even before that since she couldn't bring herself to eat before or on the flight. Detrick had been so sweet and supportive. He and Delaney stayed up packing a bag of snacks for Dessiah for the trip. He even wrote little notes of encouragement for moments when she felt down while dealing with her grandmother's estate. He knew it was like picking at a deep wound and wanted to be there as much as possible or at least as much as she would allow.

"Okay Dessiah I have arranged for my sheriff buddy to go with us to the house to escort him out and serve him the divorce papers." Mr. Roberts explained. Dessiah was being prepped sitting across from his desk.

"Okay."

"Now I have to ask you do you want to be there when we serve him. You don't have to be I can bring you afterward since I'm going to have a locksmith there to change all of the locks immediately."

"Yes! Yes! I want to be there. I want to look him in the face and let him see he didn't break me."

"Alright." Mr. Roberts smiled proudly at Dessiah. He always felt that she never know her own strength but he always knew and her grandmother who was his dear friend knew also. Even as a child Dessiah had this unwavering courage that was inspiring to see. When she was scared there would be this look in her eyes of determination like God was present beside her. "I have all the papers ready just let me make a few phone calls to my buddy and we should go there first thing in the morning. I want to wake that punk out of his sleep." Dessiah smiled. Although Mr. Roberts was a family friend he always had this fatherly presence in her life. He was always protective. "You should go back to your hotel and get some rest. We have a big day tomorrow."

"Okay. At least I'll try to sleep."

"Everything will be fine trust me." Mr. Roberts stood and hugged Dessiah. She rested her head on his chest and just stood silent, comforted by his embrace.

"See you tomorrow."

"See you tomorrow. Be down stairs by 7:00 am." Dessiah looked at him in surprise. "That's early."

"Yea but I want to eat beforehand. Can't snatch up a chump on an empty stomach. Haha." He chuckled and so did she. They said their goodbyes and Dessiah headed back to her hotel. A big day was an understatement.

Dessiah climbed into bed fresh out of the shower. She sat in silence with only the sound of her inner thoughts as she lotioned her skin with shea butter. Oh my God! This is really almost over. Soon I will have my life back. Everything that was stolen from me I'm getting back. Thank you Jesus. I'm still here because of you. Dessiah laid back staring at the ceiling thinking of all the wonderful memories she was excited to make with Detrick and Delaney. Dessiah noticed that Delaney never really spoke about how all that they had been through affected her. She only hoped that Delaney wasn't traumatized or would later hate her for putting her father in jail. Dessiah looked at the time, being 8:55 pm she decided to call her loves to say goodnight.