More Than A Conquer

*Detrick In The Picture*

    “Close the door Paris and be sure to hold my calls.” Detrick said dryly. Paris nodded closing the door as she walked out of the office. Dessiah remained standing against the wall to hold her balance. Her legs were shaking beneath her. Was God playing a joke on her? What are the odds that she would travel across the world to see the man who changed her life for the better after just one encounter? Many nights she prayed to see him again and simply thank him for his act of kindness. Now here he was in the flesh less than 10 ft away from her and she had yet to utter a single word.

“So are you going to stand there all day or take a seat?” He asked. Dessiah just blinked at him and finally moved her feet that felt like they were being held down by cement. She took a seat in a black leather chair across from his cherry wood desk. Placing her briefcase on the ground she crossed her ankles to keep from shaking.

“My name is Detrick Simmons.” He said reaching his hand out to her. Standing she knocked over his swan glass figurine which hit his glass of water causing it to spill down his leg. Detrick jumped up and Dessiah flinched.

“Oh my God! I’m so sorry let me help you clean that up. She reached for a napkin and began patting his upper thigh near his crotch.

“It’s alright.” Detrick said as she franticly tended the spill. He grabbed her hands forcing her to look in his hazel green eyes and become lost in their aura. “Mrs. Hawkins I can do it myself.” Dessiah stood and went back around the desk to her chair. Detrick took a seat wiping his desk and resumed with business.

“My name is Dessiah Hawkins.” She mumbled embarrassed.

“I’m aware.” Detrick seemed unenthused and at that moment Dessiah could have kicked herself for making the worst first impression. In all her years she never had a man make her so jittery to the pint she became a full on cluts. She was poised and graceful at all times. What kind of effect was this man having on her?

“So you’re from the Atlanta office and I hope you’ve been privied on the details of what we are trying to do because I don’t have time nor patience to walk you through in baby steps.” Was that attitude she sensed from him? She rolled her eyes in her mind.

“No sir, I’m up to speed with everything that is expected from me.”

“Good! So we have Aiko electronics that will have shipments sent to us in time to open the first store. Then we will have another shipment for the second store to be opened for grocery and produce. Although the buildings are already standing and equipment has been installed we are just waiting on product. Your job is to get the people there.”

“Umm Sir, pardon me but did you say two stores?” She asked with an arched brow.

“I thought you said you were prepared.” He said looking at her sideways.

“I was prepared but I believe that information was left out.”

“Well now that I put that information ‘In’ what are your plans as far as marketing?”

“Mr. Simmons I wasn’t aware that there were two stores so my plans are limited.” She explained.

“Well maybe we can limit your stay here in Japan because I have no time to waste on someone who hasn’t brought their A- game.”

“I beg your pardon?” Dessiah couldn’t believe how cold he was all over spilled water. It was water it would dry and by his behavior she wouldn’t have and if that water hit his face opposed to his thigh. Was this the same man who handed her over $2,000.00 when she were homeless?