How should you tell your friends something like that?

Sirius didn't know how to do it. How will the Order react when they understand that Regulus was behind the today's amazing surprise? In the end Minnie just burst little late and asked.

"Did Sirius told you that his brother was the one who turned Pettigrew in the Ministry today?"

Everybody fell silent and turned to Sirius.

"I was going to, I just didn't know how!" He pulled the letter out and gave it to Molly who exclaimed.

"P.S.? But there wasn't P.S. this morning!"

"I know. For those of you who don't know this morning I got a letter by Regulus—"

"We loved the owl!" interrupted him the twins.

Everyone looked confused at them for a second.

"Why you had to mention Nix?" muttered Sirius. Remus and everyone who had witnessed the scene before 15 years started laughing. Sirius gave them a dirty look.

"Forget the bloody owl!" he read the letter aloud. When he finished Remus grinned.

"Merlin, I love your brother's idea of a present, Pads!"

They had a celebrating dinner. Arthur spent the evening questioning about Regulus Sirius (who obviously knew the most of them) and Remus (who had met him at school). The twins, Harry, Hermione, Ron and Ginny listened closely to their conversation. After some time Remus mentioned that Regulus had been the first to realize he was a werewolf, which was strange given the fact he hadn't started studying in Hogwarts yet.

~Flashback~

Remus was starting his second year in Hogwarts today. Right now he was putting his tunk on the train when he saw the boy, who he had seen the last year standing with Sirius' parents, coming to him.

"Hi." Remus said to the boy, probably Sirius' younger brother named Regulus.

"Hello, I am Regulus. You must be Remus Lupin. It's good to meet you." It wasn't a question, just a statement.

"Yes, it's pleasure to meet you too." Sirius must've told his brother about his friends.

"Siri had some bad time in home, he wouldn't tell you and it's not good if you pressure him. I don't have time to tell you everything important, but I wrote a letter, sorry if it has mistakes."

Bad time? Remus didn't know what Regulus meant by that, but he thought it was kind of cute how worried and protective the younger boy was.

"Siri wouldn't tell you the things I wrote in the letter, sadly for him he wasn't there to stop me to write it, so please read it and make sure he is okay!"

Remus took the letter and smiled.

"I will."

In the evening, after everyone were gone to bed Remus sat in one of the armchairs by the fire and read the letter. It was a long list of things that Sirius reacted bad to and there were mention some of the worst events for Sirius in the summer. Yes, it had some mistakes, but Remus was surprised how observant was Regulus. In the end of the letter was P.S., it was short. Just 'I know you are werewolf and I am not going to tell anyone, especially Sirius, I promise. You are not a monster.', but the sentences got Remus unprepared. He had frozen and reread the P.S., he didn't learn then how Regulus had known nor why he had promised to not tell anyone. But the second sentence had made him cry and smile in the same time. He had cried with hours and even after he stopped crying, he hadn't stopped smiling for the next two weeks. He cut the P.S. and saved it for himself, but he had showed the rest of the letter to James the next evening.

A year later when he watched Regulus' sorting he was one of the people who smiled at the boy, who got placed in Slytherin.

A two days later he randomly met Regulus in the library while Sirius and James were having detention with Minnie. He asked Regulus 'why?', but didn't get an answer. So they studied a little together History of Magic (Regulus knew more than Remus) and Remus showed Regulus some of the shortcuts. Right after they had talked about studying again together Remus asked Regulus again, the Slytherin boy had smiled and said that Remus wasn't a monster before living to his dungeon dormitory.

Years later, after Sirius was put in Azkaban and even after he escaped, Remus still rereads the P.S. after every full moon and it still makes him smile. Not because the person who wrote it, but because it was written by ten years old boy who was the first to find out his secret on his own and had believed immediately that Remus wasn't a monster.

~end of the flashback~

Sirius had just drank his last glass of vine in front of the tapestry while playing chess with himself when a voice he had thought once he would never hear again asked.

"Mind if I Slytherin?"

Some bromance between Remus and Reggie here. I think I'm going to write how everyone meet Regulus (or their favorite memory of him) if they had met him before at some point.
What do you think?