Have you ever thought about becoming detective, Reggie?

"—I realized there was something fishy about Mold-face. Everyone thought he was a pureblood, but he had never said it. If he was why didn't he tell everybody to which noble family he belongs? So I started with a research. Who was 'Voldemort' behind his name? It took me long time. Finally I connected the dots. He was Tom Marvolo Riddle. Son of Tom Riddle Snr and Merope Riddle (née Gaunt). Born on 31 December 1926 in the Wool's Orphanage, London.—"

Dumbledore couldn't help to feel impressed by Regulus.

"—The Gaunt were known as a pureblood family, the last direct descendants of Salazar Slytherin and Cadmus Peverell, the creator of the Resurrection stone,—"

"The what?"

"The Resurrection stone is known as a stone that can 'bring' back the dead, it's one of the Death Hollows. Of course it can't bring back anything more than echo of a death people who are the closest to our hearts. If you talk to much with them in the end you could kill yourself." said Regulus looking at Dumbledore. This was the moment when the old man knew Regulus knows everything about him. To say he wasn't scared what would Regulus do with the information would be a lie.

"Tom Riddle opened the Chamber of Secrets—"

All children looked up at Ginny to check if she was okay.

"—before nearly 50 years. Myrtle Warren was killed and he put the blame on Hagrid.—"

They knew the most of this story, just not the Myrtle's last name.

"—After finishing school he went to work to work like a shop assistant in Borgin and Burkes. He disappeared after visiting one of the clients. The client was one of the descendants of Helga Hufflepuff, more specifically, she was owner of the Hufflepuff's cup and the Slytherin's locket. Their location is unknown now.

So I did my research. I found out about the horcroxes and I made a list with the potential objects that could be one. The Gaunt's ring, the Slytherin's locket, the Hufflepuff's cup, something connected to the Chamber and something that had been once Ravenclaw's.—"

Dumbledore nodded with every object wondering why he didn't thought of that.

"—The only possibility about the last one was the lost diadem. I also made a list with possible locations. The only things coming on my mind were the Wool's Orphanage and the Gaunt resident.

After this I started searching information for the lost diadem of Ravenclaw, the only object connected to her. I love puzzles and riddles, so it wasn't hard. The legend says that 'no living person knows where the diadem is', I just had to ask a ghost.—"

Everyone who knew the legend gasped how simple was actually.

"—I went to the ghost of the Ravenclaw house, her name is Helena Ravenclaw, but she is known as the Gray Lady. I asked her, she didn't answer me, but I asked her again, again and again, I kept telling her why I needed to know. She finally told me. Yes, Moldvenorm had turned the diadem in horcrox, she told me the diadem was hidden in a room in the castle. She directed me with a riddle. I used nearly my all my free time in my seventh year to find the diadem, I did succeed. I found the diadem, set it in cursed fire and put on its place a fake one which I filled with dark energy.—"

"Why?" barked Moody.

"If Moldvort go to check it he wouldn't see the difference. This gives me more time."

"Smart."

"—After I turned 18 on one of the meetings Moldy requested a house-elf and I offered Kreacher. I ordered Kreacher to go and follow his orders, after that to come straight back to me. It didn't occupied me it's connected to the horcroxes, but when Kreacher came back he was nearly dead. Apparently, Voldy took him to a cave with a lake full of inferies and made him to drink a terrible potion. All this to hide a locket with a snake on it. The Slytherin's locket. The protection wasn't so hard to overcome because I had Kreacher with me. First we had to sacrifice some blood, after that we crossed the lake with the inferies and we reached to the potion. I drank it,—"

"Why not make the house-elf drink it?" asked Ron.

"I didn't want Kreacher to do it again." Everyone started at him like he had grown another head (probably forth one). Hermione was nodding approvingly.

"—Kreacher had to force it down into my troth, so he could put a fake locket with a note in it on the place of the real one. The potion acted like a Dementor, it took out your worst memories,—"

Sirius shivered.

"—but after you drink it you needed water. I had told Kreacher if he needs water to go to the lake and kill the inferies with fire. He did it and he got me water. When I came to my mind I tried to destroy it, but it was protected. The horcrox was inside, so I needed to open it. I tried everything, but I realized it was probably like the Chamber. It needs to be spoken parsetongue to open.—"

"So you need Harry to—"

"The locket is destroyed. Let me finish the story."

"—Me and Kreacher were standing there for hours before I took my decision. I was going to disappear. Because of the potion I was close to the death it was the perfect moment. I commanded Kreacher to don't say anything unless he is forced and even then to tell everyone how I had been dragged into the lake by the inferies. I gave him the second fake locket and he left.—"

"I remember there was locket in the drawing room." said Molly.

"I needed to find someone speaking parsetongue. I believe most people don't know, but nearly 23% of the India population speak it.—"

Judging by their faces they didn't.

"—I traveled to India and two months after I found the locket I managed to find a wizard speaking parsetongue. Balvan Patel was the head of the village. He not only helped me to open the locket, but he recognized the dark mark as one of their spells that's used to help injured ones.—"

Nobody knew what to think.

"—He deactivated the mark.—"

Snape who thought it was impossible looked at Regulus intensively.

"—While I was there I learned some parsetongue.—"

"You speak parsetongue?!" shouted Sirius.

"Just a little."

"I don't believe you! Say something!"

"Sometimes I wonder how we are related." Harry started laughing.

"Fair point."

"What did you say?" asked Remus.

"Nothing." Regulus and Harry said in the same time.

"After I destroyed the locket, I heard about 31st October and not knowing what to do I went in France to publish the book I was writing about dark creatures. This is how I met Eleanor."

Some information about Reggie's wife will appear in the next chapter! What do you think?