Chapter Two

Dedicated to @puppluv for teaching me how to dedicate (don't judge me I'm new to this) and for being one of my first fans! I truly appreciate it<3

Remember to vote if you like it, and comment maybe? (:

*******************************************************************************

Caleb's POV- One day before

"Luna splendoremet in tenebris

Immortalibusabscondam post mortale conspectus"

The witch's ominous words kept echoing over and over in my mind. What could they have meant?

"Try googling it," Trevor had told me that night as he sat comfortably on the blue microfiber couch of my parent's large house in the middle of the woods. The large, yet cozy two-story cabin had never truly felt like my own. There were so many pack members coming and going freely from its wooden doors that I felt like I was living in a hotel, a stranger in a place that I was supposed to call home.

I remember Trevor had his feet propped up on the rectangular table in front of him and his hands behind his black, shaven head, completely relaxed. The television in front of him was off, and he was just laying there with his eyes closed and a small smile on his face. He didn't have a care in the world.

"I would, but I still have a crapload of things to do," I said with a frown, annoyed at Trevor's usual laziness. It always placed me in the position of doing all the work. I hurried into the kitchen and began to pack up some snacks and bottles of water, then rushed over to the beeping laundry machine at the other side of the room. "Why don't you google it? Do something productive for once," I told him over my shoulder as I bent down to retrieve a couple of shirts I had put to wash and dry.

"Nah," Trevor said, his voice strained and breathy. It sounded like he was stretching. "I'm quite comfortable here, thanks."

"So I suppose this means you wouldn't want to help me stuff these shirts inside that suitcase?" I asked, nudging my chin in the direction where a large black suitcase lay open in the middle of the wooden floor, an uneven mound of multicolored clothes piled way beyond the inside of it.

Trevor sighed and got up from the sofa. "Alright, alright." He walked over to the suitcase and eyed it dubiously. "There's no way this thing's gonna close, man."

I looked at my best friend, my fellow pure-blood Beta in the pack and gave him an annoyed look. "Way to put on a positive attitude," I said sarcastically. I bent down and added more clothes to the growing pile. "It has to fit," I muttered.

"A little bit more and this pile would be reaching the ceiling," Trevor said exaggeratingly. He laughed-an obnoxious and loud sound- and rolled my eyes and went to try and fit them in myself. I knew he was just using that as an excuse not to help me.

"Mount Clothesmore will fit, trust me," I grunted as I pushed down on the now half-closed suitcase as much as I could. Werewolf strength came in handy at times.

"Why couldn't you just get another suitcase?" Trevor asked, always being one to search for shortcuts and the easiest way out. He got down on his knees and pushed down with his muscled arms.

"This was the only suitcase I could find, and I have no time to go and get another one. I'm leaving tonight."

Trevor stopped pushing the top of the suitcase down and looked up at me with wide brown eyes. "Tonight?" He echoed. "I thought you were leaving tomorrow."

I shook my head. "Parents want me out of here and over there at the apartment they rented in Fairview Hills tonight. I'm starting class tomorrow and everything. It's the first day of school from summer vacation." I looked down, still sitting on the suitcase and shrugged. "I guess they're pretty eager to get rid of me."