Chapter Eleven (Part II)

That right there to the right is a picture of a Jimmy Dean regular pork hot roll sausage LOL >>> you'll understand once you read the chapter ;)

******************************************************************************

Caleb's POV

I took a sip of my newly acquired drink while weaving my way through the hot, heavy crowd that had suddenly decided to form an uneven circle around the center of the dance floor. Curious to know what everyone was suddenly clapping and whooping about, I craned my neck over the crowd of party animals to get a better view and then-

"Caleb!"

It all happened so fast, not even the wolf in me was prepared for it. One moment I was on my toes and focusing my sharp eyes and the next my back was being slammed against a nearby wall, my shoulders pinned by a surprisingly strong cheerleader. I glanced down to witness the horrific sight of my precious drink forming a large, uneven puddle on the wooden floor.

I grabbed her arms and carefully pulled them down to her sides, away from my shoulders.

"Drina?" I asked with surprise etched in my raised voice. We were literally three feet away from the tall speakers which were giving my head a strange throbbing sensation and causing my chest to rumble along with its beat as the sound waves rocked my body to the core.

"Caleb," she breathed with a giggle. Her breath reeked of alcohol-so much so that it made my sensitive nose burn. "I've been... looking for your buns of steel all night."

I nearly choked on air after her comment on my butt. "Well," I cleared my throat. "You found me."

I needed to get away from her. Drina was clearly craving a taste of some Caleb tonight and this flavor was definitely not on the menu. It was always like her to come on to me a few times and I had managed to keep my distance from her without hurting her feelings in school, but we were at a party. The atmosphere here was all about doing crazy things-being drunk, dancing explicitly, hooking up.

Drina let out a "rawr" sort of growl, aimed to sound seductive, and I flinched further back against the wall. She placed her entrapping hands on either side of me and muttered, "That, I did."

"Drina, you're drunk," I told her warily.

She ignored me and bent her elbows so that her lips were barely touching mine. I could feel the tips of her brown straight hair tickling my skin as she looked into my eyes with bloodshot ones that mirrored Nathans's. Just as she was about to lean forward, I placed my hands on her partly-exposed hips and steadied her so that she wouldn't tip over. Drina was so badly coordinated she could barely stand up straight.

"Caleb..." she drawled breathily. "You perfect littler potafo. Lesss go upstairs... and have... somefun."

I didn't respond right away because I was trying to figure out what she meant by calling me a 'perfect little potato.' Finally, I shook my head. "Drina, you should really-"

Loud cheers and screams coming from the crowd behind Drina cut me off mid-sentence. I looked over her naked shoulder to see the exact person I expected to see dancing in the center of the crowded circle. Catalina had taken her black leather jacket off and thrown it into the crowd, where a trio of guys fought for it like a pack of hungry wolves. The look on her face clearly showed that she was enjoying the attention and the way people desperately reached out to touch her made it obvious that they enjoyed giving it to her.

It was like everyone was completely mesmerized by her. And who wouldn't be? I hated to admit it but she looked absolutely stunning in every sense of the word. Like she owned the entire house.