Chapter 1 - Permission Slips

Authors Note: This is my first time writing so i hope you enjoy it:) I don't know if i want us to have a love interest yet, but i am definitely open to suggestions. i hope you enjoy:))

The sun was too bright. Sam rolled over in her bed Monday morning and looked over at the clock; 6:00am.
"It's to early for this." Sam thought to herself rolling over in her bed. Did she really need to go to school today? Yes of course she did. The field trip to MOMA is this Wednesday and she needs to get in as much training at Avengers Tower as she can before then, just in case.
"SAM! YOU BETTER BE OUT OF BED" her mom yelled from the kitchen. She quickly got up, threw on a black hoodie with a pair of sweatpants, slipped on her backpack and a pair of converse running into the kitchen.
"You know if you're late again i'll have to start coming up with new excuses to tell your principal." her mom said raising an eyebrow and handing Sam a piece of burnt toast.
"Yea yea i got it mom" she said.
"Maybe if i could use any powers at school it wouldn't be so miserable." Sam murmured under her breath tossing the burnt toast into the garbage can and walking out the door, locking it behind her.
On the walk to school there was nothing new, her apartment she shared with her mom and dad was small but cozy and the building fit in with the Queens neighborhood. Run down, muggings, the gist.
Sam passed by a man running with a purse that didn't seem to be his but she ignored it, even though that was the last thing she wanted to do. But as her friend Peter tells her...
"You can't let anyone know who you are, even if we both do occasionally work and fight with the Avengers."
He was referring to the time they first met and had to fight against each other in Germany because of Tony's stubbornness and Steve's relationship with Bucky. After that Sam and Peter figured out how much in common they really did have. Both having to keep their identities hidden (except from Ned of course), and having abilities that can do extraordinary things.
As Sam finally started walking up the steps to Midtown, she got a few waves from some people she recognized from class. But then finally heard a familiar voice coming in behind her.
"SAM! SAM!!!" Peter was screaming.
Sam immediately whipped around and so did a few other people on the stairs.
"Jeez Peter," she said as he was catching his breath "Care to let me know what that was all about?" Sam said with a sight smile on her face, holding back a chuckle at the boys messy hair and his mismatched socks.
"I just absolutely needed to make sure you had your permission slip signed for the field trip this Wednesday. Without you me and Ned will be bored out of our minds." Peter announced flailing with a zipper on his backpacking, finally pulling out a yellow piece of paper with his Aunt Mays signature on it.
"Yes of course I have it. How could I forget when you've been reminding me to get it signed since they've been handed out." Sam joked pulling the same yellow paper with her moms signature out of her backpack pocket.
The bell rang and Sam and Peter walked up the steps talking about their weekends. Nothing to crazy of course.
Sam goes to the Avengers tower almost every weekend and whenever she has free time to train with Natasha and Bucky. Although she does have the upside on them, being able to control things with her mind and all. After Nick Fury informed Steve of Sams powers, he tracked her down and asked if she wanted to be apart of The Avengers Initiative. She said yes, naturally. Ever since her mom has believed that her science club, and debate team meeting are quite often.
Though Peters weekend was a bit different. With Aunt May knowing he's Spider-man, he's able to swing around and save lives whenever he wants. Tony found him right before their trip to Germany too. Although Sam and Peter were on different sides, it was a mutual understanding that when Sam saved Peter from being squished by a giant man they would be good friends.
As Sam and Peter walked in science class that they conveniently had together, they were greeted by MJ and Ned in the front row seats.
"Hey Sam, Hey Peter." MJ acknowledged looking up from her book titled "The Mystery of the Black Dahlia Murder" to wave at them with a slight smile.
"Sooooo have you guys had your permission slips signed yet? You know the field trip is only day after tomorrow and you know how much i'm looking forward to buying a new hat from the gift shop." Greeted Ned with a happy tone. His hats were definitely his pride and joy, he bought at one every new museum and city he went to.
As Peter and Sam sat in the seats behind them they both nodded to Neds question. Ned turned back in his seat when the teacher walked in and started the lecture.