Chapter 2 - Slip Ups

-time skip-
It was now lunch time and there was a very loud chatter erupting from the excited students in the lunchroom as the staff announced it was time to hand in your permission slips.
As Sam and Peter got out of their chairs her head whipped up as she noticed Peters phone slowly falling out of his pocket. With a glance of her eyes the phone stopped before it hit the ground and floated in mid air. Ned gasped as he turned to look and was met with Sam's slightly bright glowing eyes. Peter turned around quicker than she could account for and snapped Sam back into reality.
SMACK the phone landed face down on the tile floor of the cafeteria, where now everyone was sitting again.
"Sam! You know you can't do that here, the glowing eyes don't conceal you very well." Peter hissed at Sam but seconds later relaxing his face.
"Look you know i can't exactly control it all the time. It's like i'm drawn to it. My reflexes are faster now so when i can catch something, I do." Sam whispered to him as he took her permission slip, swiftly put it in the basket and walked back to the table.
"You know i think the glowing eyes are pretty sick. Maybe i could buy you a hat that matches the glowing white!" Ned blurted out after clearly listening to Sam and Peters whole conversation.
"You know Ned, i think that would actually be pretty awesome." Sam said with a smile on her face, her and Peter making eye contact and smiling at each other.
"Was Peter just staring at me?" Sam thought when Peter looked away and stood up quickly when the bell rang.
"No of course he wasn't. Definitely not."

-time skip to after school-

"So i think tomorrow i may just ditch school and go to the Avengers tower to train with Rhodey. How about you come with me?" Sam said coercively as she could to Peter while walking out of the school.
"Sam i really don't think i can keep just missing school. I'm falling quite behind if you haven't noticed." He added with a slight frown on his face.
"Peter seriously you literally have all A's. I swear if you're talking about you having a A- in English i may strangle you."
"HEY grades are grades and usually, especially when you're not hauling me off to do hero work, my grades are very pristine. And i'd like you to know i am quite sad about that A-."
"Wellllll then i guess i'll just have to talk to Tony alone tomorrow." Sam said sighing as she hopped down the stairs, a slight smile on her face knowing this would work.
"Wait wait wait, you didn't say anything about Mr.Stark being there?! Is he seriously gonna be there?! I haven't seen him since he gave me my suit back and- "
"YES Peter i promise you Mr.Stark is going to be there tomorrow he wanted to talk about us getting new suits or something along those lines."
Sam looked over at Peter who was now blushing? Wow he really was in love with Tony.
"So are you gonna be there or not lovebird, we'll skip tomorrow then MOMA the next day. It's the perfect plan." she said chuckling a bit calling him "lovebird", although he really was.
"Of course i will, how about i meet you around noon at your window?" Peter said as him and Sam stepped in front of her apartment building.
"Sounds great. I'll see you." Sam approved with a smile walking in the door.
Sam would have to figure out what to tell her mom, maybe she could say she was sick? Or maybe that she was excused from school because it was "seniors day". Yea yea that's a great plan. Her being only 16 and a junior really helped.
She unlocked her door and found her mom sleeping on the coach. Sams mom is a nurse at the hospital in the city who Tony Stark, coincidentally, funds. She quietly walked down the hall into her room, sat down at her desk and took out her homework.
Sam worked and wrote all the way until 8pm when she looked up and it was completely dark outside. She put all of her homework away and slipped on a clean hoodie with a pair of pajama shorts. After brushing her teeth and getting into bed she drifted off. The thought of finally being able to release her magic training tomorrow, the thought of spending the day with Peter Parker making her smile.