Chapter 11 - Wakanda

The war in Wakanda just kept on growing, the rabid aliens not caring if they lived or died fighting against the people. Steve, Natasha, Bucky, and T'challa where all trying their absolute hardest but they were loosing. Even with Thor there to back them up. But no matter how hard they tried, Thanos was arriving no matter what. It was just a matter of time.
Thanos stepped through his portal, shaking the trees and making a difference in the environment. Vision, Wanda, Steve, Bruce, and even Nat could feel the energy of him and the stones entering the atmosphere. As he stepped through the smokey blue portal, he still had Sam unconscious floating by his side.
"Sam?" Bruce said as he was first to see them arrive together.
"Guys he's here. And he has Sam, but she's completely knocked out."
"Eyes up. Stay sharp. Watch out for Sam while trying to get him." Steve said, activating his Wakandan shield attached to his arm and running towards Thanos. They all did.
Thanos threw Sam aside and she landed on the ground next to a tree.
"Nat go make sure she's okay. We can't let him get to her or the stone now." T'challa said as Thanos used the gauntlet to float Bruce, who was in a modified iron man suit, and cement him into the stone wall behind them.
Then he took down T'challa, Steve, and Sam (the falcon) one after the other, punching them both out with his fist of infinity stones. Nat ran over to Sam as she heard Vision talking to Wanda behind her.
"Wanda. It's time. They can't stop him but we can. You can Wanda." Vision said, raising Wandas arm for her. Motioning her to use her magic to destroy the orange stone placed in the center of his forehead.
"You have the power to destroy the stone." Wanda was resisting his touch now.
"Wanda please we are out of time."
"I can't do it." She said in response, now there were tears in her eyes. The thought of killing her first and only love destroyed her.
"You can. If he gets the stone half the universe dies. It's not fair. It shouldn't be you but it is. It's alright. You could never hurt me. I just feel you." Vision responded, reassuring her it wouldn't hurt him and she would be fine without him there.
She took a step back, she was crying now. And Wanda let a single sob escape her lips as she began to use her power right against the stone on Visions forehead. But Thanos was coming, she was now holding him back to. Holding back the power stone while destroying the mind stone at the same time.
"Sam come on. Wake up. Don't be dead. Don't be dead." Natasha said as she was trying to prop her up against a tree.
"What does he want with you Sam. Why were you knocked out. Why are you here."
Sam didn't respond.
"Come on Sam please. You gotta come to. I don't know if we can do this alone."
Nat looked behind her and the mind stone exploded. A blast of Wandas red powers and the orange of the stone shaking the trees and the Earth underneath them. But Thanos kept walking towards Wanda and now dead Vision on the ground. He said something to Wanda and looked at Vision. With a slight twisting of his wrist, a green mist appeared around his fist. He was turning back time.
"Okay okay this is bad."
So Nat did the only sane thing that she could thing of. She slapped Sam across the face as hard as she could and Sam snapped her eyes open.
"JESUS WHAT WAS THAT FOR!!" Sam said holding the side of her face.
"Oh my god Nat! What are you doing here?!" she said pulling Nat into a hug, but what she saw when she looked up was worse than anything.
It was Vision. And he was alive. Thanos was plucking the infinity stone out of Visions head, the other hand around his neck.
"NO! VISION!!" Sam screamed but it was to late. The mind stone was in Thanos' hand and Visions body turned grey, Wanda was sobbing now. Before anyone could do anything Thanos placed the sixth and final stone in the center of the gauntlet. It pulsated a shock through his body. But it was a shock of power.
Until all of a sudden Thor came flying down from the sky and threw an axe at Thanos. Lighting bolts striking all around him. The axe hit Thanos square in the chest who then fell to his knees.
"Sam you have to tell me. Why did Thanos have you." Nat begged but Sam was to tuned in to what was happening with Thor.
"Was this it?" She thought.
"Did we win? It can't be this easy."
"You should have..." Thanos scoffed out, the axe still stuck in his chest.
"You should have gone for the head." He said loud and clear raising his hand and snapping his fingers.