Chapter 5 - A Bad Feeling

-the morning after at Peters house-

Peter woke up to the sun starting to poke through his curtains. He had a bad feeling about today. Though he knew it was supposed to be the most fun Sam, Ned, and him had all together in awhile because of the MOMA trip. Peter couldn't get over his uneasy feeling. Something was going to happen today.
Peter opened his eyes slowly and stared at the ceiling trying to push that bad feeling out of his mind and focus on having a good time. It was now 8 in the morning and he had to be at school soon to get in the busses and head to the museum. Peter was going to meet Sam at the steps in from of the school.
As he rolled out of bed he thought about what artwork he would see today, and then all of a sudden Sams face popped into his mind. The wind blowing her hair and the sun in her eyes, she was laughing. She was beautiful.
"Jeez Peter no more fantasizing about your best friend, get over yourself." Peter though while walking into his bathroom.
He looked in the mirror and his curly brown hair was messy as per usual from his restless sleep last night. The light bags under his eyes made him look tired, of course he was because of staying out so late doing spider-man patrol. But he went on to brush his teeth and take off his pajamas and change into a clean pair of jeans, a t-shirt, and a zip up sweater.
Peter looked over at his suit inside his backpack.
"Should i?" he wondered "No no, everything will be just fine today."
He started to walk out of his room with his spider-man suit on his bed. Until he remembered his uneasy feeling. Peter swung around and stuffed it into his backpack, now running a bit behind schedule he wasn't able to eat breakfast. So he said goodbye to Aunt May and made his way out the door to Midtown High.
The streets were quite today, just a few people walking to work. A few probably trying to catch the subway. Nothing out of the ordinary, but he could not seem to shake this feeling.
After walking for about twenty minutes he finally made his way to the front steps of Midtown where he already found Sam and Ned talking out front.
"Wow," Peter said out loud to himself, just far away enough so no one could hear him.
"Sam really does look good today, i wonder if she tried to dress up. I definitely didn't, jeez should i have. Okay Peter calm down, you're fine."
He took a deep breath and smiled as he walked up to Sam and Ned. Ned on the other hand was also just wearing the casual jeans, t-shirt, and zip up.
"Heyyyy Peter, wasn't sure you were going to show. Usually you're here before all of us." Sam announced with a smile on her face after seeing Peter walking up the steps towards them.
"You really think i could let myself miss out today. I'm just running a little slow today that's all."
"Peter running slow, is that even possible." Ned said laughing at the thought of Peter ever slowing down.
Than as Peter looked down at his watch a sudden panic arose in him.
"Crap guys, our bus leaves in like five minutes. We gotta make our way over to it like now."

Peter, Sam, and Ned pushed through the halls trying to say "excuse me" and "sorry" as much as possible to the people they were bumping into. The busses were at the other side of the school and they were almost there, maybe this was the bad feeling Peter was thinking about. Were they going to miss their buss today and not be able to go? But then they all sprinted out the back doors,
"WAIT PLEASE! WE'RE HERE!" Sam shrieked as  they ran and started to slow getting to the front of the last bus which was about to leave the parking lot.
"Alright you three, get on board." the bus driver said, talking slowly as if he did not want to be there.
They all boarded and sat towards the bad of the bus. Sam and Peter sat in one isle and then Ned sat in the one in front of them. As Peter walked in and sat in his seat next to Sam he was finally able to look at her. Her hair a bit messy and her cheeks a bit red from running. She was wearing black jeans and a t-shirt that he seemed to recognize but didn't know from where.
"What are you looking at loverboy? Are you really going to make this staring at me thing a habit now?" Sam said as she snapped Peter back into reality.
"You know Peter, the staring is getting a little bit stalkerish." Ned said turning around in his seat to laugh at Peters red face when he realized what he had been doing.
The bus finally started leaving after everyone was seated and we drove and drove all the way in the middle of New York at this point. Everyone was getting a bit tired of sitting down until the hair on Peters arms and neck stood up. Peter Tingle.
He looked around quickly and as he turned around to look at the back of the bus he saw a giant circular space ship flying down onto the ground. It was destroying everything in its path. No one seemed to have noticed but him because at this point it was still far enough not to hear.
"This," Peter thought "This was my bad feeling."

The Infinity Witch {Avengers x OC}On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara