Chapter 16 - Aftershock

Sams eyes slowly fluttered open.
She looked around the room she was in and it had all white walls and a white floor, but the wall in front of her was a mirror.
"Double sided mirror?" Sam thought rubbing her temples with her hands.
She tried to swing her legs over the side of the bed but was stopped with a jolt. She lifted off the blankets over her feet to see her ankles her strapped onto the bed frame.
All she could do was keep looking around. She was wearing a white hospital gown and was laying in a hospital bed set in the middle of the white room.
Sam looked up to the corner of the room above her to see a camera pointing directly at her.
"Um-" Sam said with a voice crack, raising her voice now.
"Is anyone there? Why am i strapped onto the bed? HELLO?!" Her voice echoed through the room.
She felt as though she had been out for hours, maybe even days. How long had it been since the battle? What happened that she couldn't remember? Why did it look like she was in a mental hospital?
Right as Sam started to panic a bit at the thought of the events of the battle against Thanos and her snapping, she heard a loud beep ring through the room and a door open to the right of her. Wanda walked out of the door hesitantly.
"Oh good Wanda. What am i doing here? How long has it been since the snap?" Sam asked.
"Um- well. It's been ... about a week since you snapped. But you're here because you passed out and..." Wanda said standing at the foot of Sams bed as if she didn't want to get any closer than that.
"You were knocked out cold and no one could wake you up. We tried but every time anyone touched you ... you would scream and everything in the room would break and your ears would bleed." Wanda said looking at Sams distraught face.
"Wait did i hurt anyone? Is that why i'm here? I don't remember anything happening?!" Sam said raising her voice, making Wanda take a few steps back. Like she was scared?
"Sam ... the only reason i'm in here is because they knew if something went wrong i could protect myself. When Peter tried to come in here earlier you..."
"Oh god what did i do? Did i hurt Peter? He's gotta know i didn't know what i was doing."
"Peters fine. He tried to come into your room where we put you first and hold your hand a few days ago but you went crazy and broke all the windows and threw him against a wall or something. He still won't give up the whole story."
"I broke all the windows and threw him against a wall?"
"How did i even do that? I'm not stronger than him? He can lift a bus." Sam questioned thinking about all the times Peter has lifted things even heavier than a bus.
"Sam ... I think you're stronger than all of us now." Wanda said taking a step back and making her way back towards the door.
"Hey ... Wanda! You can't leave me in here! I- I HAVE TO SEE PETER!" Sam started yelling as Wanda opened and walked out of the door swiftly.
But Sam noticed something, as she was screaming she felt a tingling sensation in her finger tips and her palms. She looked down at her finger tips and they were glowing now, bright light coming out of her palms and her hands. All six colors of the infinity stones were know coming out of her hands.
"What the actual fu-" Sam started saying twisting the magic and intertwining it with her fingers. She had an idea.
She looked up towards the glass and then back down at her hand. She threw the ball of colorful light against the glass in front of her and it all shattered. Sam gasped with the loud noise and quickly reached down, undoing her restraints around her ankles. She swung her legs around the side of her bed and ran over to the new hole in the wall, avoiding the glass on the floor.
When she looked inside she saw three computers lined up and they were all hooked up to the camera inside the room she was in. There was medical gear and giant hazmat suits that had burns in them. But there was no people inside this tiny room. She slowly stepped into the room and looked around. To the left of her there was a large door that seemed to be unlocked.
Sam opened the door and looked around the hall way she was now in. She was still in a hospital gown and had no shoes on and she was now running down a hallway in a mystery building. When she finally got to a window she stopped in front of it and looked outside. Skyscrapers, planes, and a large river.
"I'm still in New York?" Sam whispered to herself when she heard pattering foot steps coming towards her from behind. It was five large men with shields and guns all pointed at Sam.
"PUT YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR! NOW!" One of the giant men yelled at Sam making her jump back a bit.
"Listen listen i'm sorry. I didn't do anything, i think you got the wrong girl here." Sam said raising her voice and putting her hands up. But as she raised her hands one of the guards got scared and fired a shot. Sams head snapped back and looked the guard in the eye, it was as if everything was going in slow motion. She lifted a hand as if to block the bullet but the bullet stopped in mid air in front of her face. All five of the guards looked over their shields with surprised faces. Sam put her hand down and the bullet fell with it.
"You tried to shoot me?" Sam said, she was beginning to feel mad. She felt the rage growing inside her. Did this man really just try and shoot her? It was like she had an instinct to do something to them, so she lifted her hands against the men.
As Sam lifted her hands, her finger tips started to colorfully glow again like they did in her room. She pulled back and then pushed as hard as she could through the air, pushing the force of her magic towards them. The five men all flew backwards and landed on the floor, the banging on their heads on the floor knocking them all out. It was as if Sams magic was now forceful and reckless.
"Wow. That's pretty crazy." Sam said, feeling different. Her anger calming down now as she looked at her hands, which looked back to normal now.
Sam did the only thing she could think of and started running barefoot again through the halls of the large building. She didn't run into anyone else that she had to use any powers on but she got to a hallway full of conference rooms that had walls made of glass so you could see inside.
She was hyperventilating now from running so far and so fast all at once. She looked around, cut corners and looked inside the glass rooms until she started to hear voices. She ran towards them. The voices got louder and louder until she started to recognize a few.
"I don't know what we can do with her, Tony. She's really powerful and doesn't know how to use it." Sam heard Bruce say to apparently Tony. She was running faster now, as fast as she could as the voices got louder and louder.
"She can try. She learned how to control them before, she can do it again." Tony responded to Bruce.
"She's one of the most powerful beings in the universe now, Tony. We can't train her. I don't even know if Wanda can." Bruce said back, his voice getting louder and louder now as Sam grew closer and she could finally see them now. She got to the door and stopped in front of it, no one noticed her yet. How was she able to hear then talking? Though tempting to think about, that was the last thing on her mind.
"One of the most powerful beings in the universe you say?" Sam said opening the door and walking into the room, making everyone in the room jump and lighting gasp. Inside was Peter, Clint, Bruce, Sam (wilson), Bucky, Wanda, and Dr.Strange.
Dr.Strange stood up and made a shield around himself, protecting himself? Wanda created balls of her red magic in her hands, also protecting herself? Peter took a few steps back, he was scared of her too?
"Sam just calm down." Tony said slowly walking up to her away from the rest of the group.
"What? I am calm. I think i accidentally knocked a few guys out back there but otherwise i'm pretty fine." Sam said shrugging looking at everyone who looked surprised she was up and standing, let alone talking.
"How did you escape?" Peter said, his voice cracking as if he was crying and trying to hide his tears looking at her.
"Escape? So you were trying to keep me inside there. Is that why my ankles were strapped to that bed?" Sam said now starting to feel herself getting angry. They locked her up, even if it was because they were afraid. They locked her way. But Sams train of though was interrupted by Peter slowly walking out of the group of people in front of Sam and in front of Tony.
"Peter be careful." Tony said quickly and quietly as Peter walked forward.
He stopped about two feet in front of Sams fragile body. He looked exhausted, his hair was curly and tucked out of his face, he had dark bags under his eyes as if he hadn't been sleeping. But he reached out his right hand. Sam looked down at it and back up at his face.
"He wants he to grab his hand?" Sam thought to herself.
She hesitantly raised her hand and set it inside Peters. Sam looked up and locked eyes with Peter, but before she could say anything he yanked her arm and pulled her into a hug. Peter yanking her into hugs seemed to be habit now so she went with it. He wrapped his arms around her waist hugging her tightly, crying now.
"Peter be careful." Tony said to Peter but as Sam shot him a glare.
"It's okay Peter. I'm okay." Sam whispered to Peter nudging her head into Peters shoulder. She thought she felt him kiss her forehead but she brushed it off and they both stood their embraced for a moment until Peter pulled away and looked at her, interlocking his fingers with hers.
"I didn't know if you were going to be you." Peter said quietly.
"None of us knew who you would be anymore."