Chapter 13 - Avengers Assemble

"What's happening." Sam thought to herself, slowly slipping back into consciousness.
When all of a sudden it's like she faded back together. She took a giant gasp of air, as if she was without air for years at a time. Sam slowly fluttered her eyes open and was met with the swaying trees above her and the grass and dirt she was laying on.
She sat up and looked forward rubbing her head.
"What? Am I still in Wakanda?" Wow they really left me here." Sam said to herself looking around until all of a sudden Wanda started to form back together next to her. The ash floated through the air and formed back into the shape of Wandas body. She came together and gasped for air.
"VISION." Wanda screamed.
"VISION!" She said again looking around frantically until she met eyes with Sam.
Sam hurried over quickly and helped Wanda up into a standing position.
"You just like came back through thin air." Sam said looking Wanda up and down.
"Something feels different." Wanda announced to the two of them, looking around at the trees.
The environment looked different. It looked greener and like there were more trees and plants than there where when Sam last saw.
"I wonder how long we've been out for. Things look really different." Sam questioned starting to look around. Just as Sam stepped over in a patch of dirt another person in front of her started to come together. Bucky. He fell forward, also gasping for air and looking around him.
"Steve? Where's steve? Oh god Sam? Is that you?" Bucky said trying to focus on anything as Wanda was still poking around, probably looking for Visions body Sam inferenced.
"Yea it's me. Bucky," Sam whispered.
"I don't know how long we've been gone. The last thing i remember is Thanos killing Vision and then snapping his finger. Then everything goes blank."
"Yea it's the same for me too." He responded.
All three of them started to walk through the shrubs and tall greenery until they ran into T'challa.
"White Wolf. You are still here? How long has it been? I believe we are still in Wakanda." He said looking at the three of them, still bloody and bruised from fighting Thanos what seemed like minutes before.
"White Wolf? Alrighty then." Sam thought to herself looking over at Bucky, she learned to just except all the new names they had these days.
They all followed T'challa since he seemed to know the way out of these woods. They finally got to the edge of the wood and looked out upon Wakanda. A bunch of the grass was dead and torn up, there wasn't a lot of people around and very few animals either. It used to be so beautiful.
"Oh god. Where is everyone else. I know there was more people here than just us." And right as Sam said that all of T'challas worriers started popping up left and right, all piecing back together and gasping for air. Some screamed as they thought they were still fighting. T'challa ran over and started talking to them, asking what had happened. But Sam, Wanda, and Bucky stayed put on the edge of the dead grass. They were all shocked, had Thanos really managed to snap away half of the universe? And if he did, how are they back?
"What is that. Over there." Wanda said pointing to another edge of the grass in front of all the soldiers.
"It looks like some sort of orange light." She said, still focusing hard towards the area.
They all started walking, as the portal started to get bigger and bigger they all began to run. And when they finally got over to where the orange sparks began, it was like the air opened up, and they were met with Dr.Strange and Peters face.
"SAM!" Peter said running full speed at her and giving her the biggest hug she's ever received. Though she was confused, she just went with it.
"I-i- thought that you were dead. When Thanos took you because you saved me I never thought i would see you again and- " Peter rambled on pulling away from the hug and placing one of his hands on each side of her face. Admiring seeing her beauty again.
"Peter really i'm fine. I'm just confused. None of us know what's going on."
Peters face fell into a frown.
"Dr.Strange? What happened?" She questioned again, slowly removing Peters hands from her face.
There was a pause until T'challa walked over and asked him the same question.
"Thanos snapped as you all know. Wiping out 50% of life in the universe." He said still keeping eye contact with Sam as he said these next words carefully.
"It's been five years. And they need us, they need are help." He said slowly.
"WHAT THE ACTUAL FU- " Sam started yelling until Bucky stepped in and stopped her.
"You're telling me it's been five years since the battle in Wakanda and we're all just now starting to come back. How did they manage that?" Bucky questioned looking into the portal which Dr.Strange immediately closed as he started explaining the task at hand.
"I saw this happen," he said.
"Five years ago i went through all the realities and saw this one play out. The Avengers traveled back in time and stole all of the infinity stones. Bruce Banner snapped everyone back again just now. But there was a slight hiccup and Thanos is back too. They need our help now. We need to fight." He explained opening another series of portals all around the Wakandan worriers.
"WORRIERS, THE WAR CONTINUES. GO THROUGH THE PORTALS." T'challa yelled at all his men who started screaming and charging through all of the portals and then stopping in front of them at the other side.
"Are you sure this is safe?" Sam questioned walking through the orange sparking portal to what looked to be a run down New York. There was Avengers compound to the left of them and there he was, standing right in the middle of them. Thanos.
Portals started opening left and right all around him with all different types of people coming out. Groups of soldiers and worriers and other wizards like Strange.
"HEY CAP!" Sam screamed at Steve who looked to be standing alone, ready to face Thanos' army off himself. He wipped around with a smile on his face and slight tears in his eyes.
"LOOKS LIKE YOU NEED SOME HELP!" Sam yelled now also smiling at him. Was he holding Thor's hammer? Okay wow that was new.
Everyone started gathering together and Sam still stood next to Wanda on one side and Peter on the other. She grabbed his hand as Cap started walking towards them and the group of Wakandans.
"No matter what happens." Sam said squeezing Peters hand and locking eyes with him.
"We'll be okay." And Sam did the only logical thing that she could think of since they were both probably about to die in battle.
"Just in case i don't get the change again." She said to Peters confused face as she put one hand on each side of his face and pressed her lips against his. They stood their for a moment until Sam pulled away, moving a curl of his hair out of his face off of his forehead. He looked very shocked. He definitely was not expecting that. Sam chuckled slightly at his surprised look which quickly turned into the biggest smile she's ever seen.
"No matter what." He said in response to what she said before the kiss. Sam looked over and now Cap, Hulk, Tony, Thor, Wanda, Bucky, and T'challa were all standing in the front of the group. Most of them looked very different, older, wiser i guess you could say?
"Where Nat?" Sam said to herself until Steve interrupted her mid thought.
"AVENGERS!" Steve yelled at the top of his lungs so everyone could here it.
"Assemble." He said calmly and everyone charged forwards.
They all ran towards Thanos and his army, ready to finish this war once and for all.