Chapter 14 - The Final Battle

And now it was time to fight.
Sam lightly let go of Peters hand as she and him both started charging with the rest of the team. Peter starting swinging into action on the ships flying in the air and kicking people on the ground. Sam was able to use just her combat skills to save up her powers for Thanos himself, but occasionally she needed a little help of throwing a group of aliens on the ground fully enough to knock them out.
She was running through the group trying her hardest to fight her way to Thanos. She knew that her and Wanda had the best chance of beating him. Especially after what happened on planet Titan.
"I absorbed the power of the stone. I think with Wanda, maybe we can beat him. He just can't get that gauntlet." She said to herself punching an alien in the face and knocking him out, using her powers energy as a little reinforcements.
But then Sam looked up and Wanda had already gotten over to him. They were both fighting now. Wandas red magic flinging all around him and so far it definitely looks like she was winning, she was channeling all of her built up anger into her power and onto Thanos.
Sam was still running through the crowd of aliens now. There were all types of ugly creatures they were all fighting. Alien dogs, people, monsters, things taller than Thanos and looked far from any person they had ever seen. As Sam took down the last one of the rabid alien dogs she realized she was now standing alone in a hole in the ground. She looked around and sprinted to the surface.
And there she saw Clint handing off the gauntlet with all of the infinity stones laid delicately in it to T'challa.
"They're trying to keep it away from him. I can help." She thought until she saw T'challa toss the gauntlet up into the air and it was then webbed up by the one and only, Spider-man.
Wanda was still throwing balls of her magic at Thanos now and she managed to break his sword in half. Her magic was stronger than he'll ever be.
She had him strung up now, floating in the air with red magic swirling around him. Sam was sprinting in to help her now, flinging aliens out of the way in her hands.
She was almost there until Thanos yelled...
"RAIN FIRE!!"
This made Sam second guess her decision to help Wanda fight, she was trying to decide if she needed to fly up and take out the ships. The giant ship above the fight started to move, guns were coming out of the sides from every angle.
Thanos didn't care about anyone, not his troops, not ours, not his own two daughters. He wanted to win.
The ship started firing, shooting in every direction blowing everything up.
It was if for Sam everything started moving in slow motion and she ran lifting her hands above her head and created an energy field around her that would help keep her from being blow up.  She continued to run with the glowing light all around her until something caught her eye. It looked like a glowing ball of yellow fire flying through the sky.
Then all of a sudden,
BOOM!
The large glowing light flew right through the ship which was still firing at down below. It blasted through it, destroying the metal and all the guns. Sam squinted a bit closer at the flying object.
"Holy shit. That's a person." She said finally starting to run again, while running a shiny purple stone caught her eye and it seemed to have red wrapped around it? 
She ran over expecting to just find the gauntlet but also found Peter. Arms wrapped around the gauntlet tightly and hyperventilating.
"PETER!" Sam screamed running over.
"Oh god are you okay. Look at you, you're bleeding really bad." She said touching the sides of his face and his eyebrow, he winced.
He also looked petrified.
"I literally just flew on a flying horse. I just flew on a pegasus while being shot at. What has my life come to." He said looking into Sams eyes now.
"We are fighting aliens right now so maybe we should question the meaning of life later." Sam said chuckling at the look on his face.
She looked up towards the sky when she heard a giant sound heading towards her. The person, a woman with a blue suit and a pixie cut, landed standing right in front of Sam and Peters bloodied and bruised bodies. She was a big ball of light and energy.
"Hi i'm Peter Parker." Peter said shakily staring at the glowing yellow woman standing in front of him.
"Hey Peter Parker." The woman said smirking at them.
"You guys got something for me?" She asked.
"I don't know how your gonna get through all that." Sam panted pointing to the new and larger group of aliens grouping ahead of them.
But right as she said that Wanda flew in.
"Don't worry. She's got help." She said calmly as next one member of the Dora Malaje, the woman riding the pegasus, Pepper, and Thanos' two daughters both joined them.
"Badass." Sam said smiling at Peter who looked a little mortified at the fact they had to fight all of the aliens running towards them. But they ran, despite them all at this point  being exhausted from the war. They ran as hard as they could and caught as hard as they could.
As soon as Sam took down the last alien picking up a large piece of metal with her magic and smashing it into him. She noticed the glowing yellow woman flying right towards this portal that seemed to be in the back of a van, that was interesting?
As Sam ran up behind Wanda and Pepper who were now shooting at Thanos trying to keep him away. Thanos threw his sword at the portal and it blew up. Exploding and knocking everyone off of their feet.
Thanos was up and running as soon as the explosion faded. He was almost at the gauntlet until Tony came out of no where and pushed him to the side, then came along Thor trying his hardest to hide the gauntlet too and fight him off. They were all thrown aside and Sam was almost there, will she be to late?
"Oh no." She thought, sprinting towards Thanos who now had the infinity gauntlet and was sliding it onto his hand. At this moment Sam realized she needed to hurry up if she wanted to make it, or even a chance of winning against him. She started flying over to him, still trying to conserve her energy and when she landed she looked over at Dr.Strange who was standing to the side of her.
He held up one finger and nodded at her.
She nodded back. Sam knew what she had to do now. She flew as fast and she could towards Thanos and planted her feet in front of his. Right as he was about to close his fist she whipped her hands around and you could see her magic wrapping around his hand, not letting him open it.
"Oh we've been over this before little one. This is a fight you cannot win." He said looking up at her bloodied pale body.
"Maybe i won't, but neither will you." She said smirking with her eyes starting to glow. At this point Sam knew for some unknown reason the infinity stones didn't work on her. So she tried her best to keep him hand open but he was strong, the stones were strong. She needed more power.
She sprinted towards him still using her magic to keep his hand open and wrapped her hands around the gauntlet. Sam felt a surge of power rush through her, she felt more powerful than even. Thanos was trying with everything in him to get her off of him but he couldn't. She mustered up enough strength to blast him right in the chest, then the stomach, then his other arm.
He kneeled at the pain she was now causing him and she managed to wrap her arms around his arm and she conjured all of the power that she could into her hands and arms at that moment. Sam was taking the stones out of the gauntlet now, and Thanos was oblivious to it. She was distracted when she finally grabbed the last stone but Thanos caught on and threw her off of him.
He stood up slowly and spoke loudly so everyone to hear him,
"I am, inevitable." He said snapping. But nothing happened. He was confused, distraught. Until he looked over at Sam who had charged all of the power she could into her right hand and placed one stone on each one of her knuckles.
"No..." Thanos whispered.
"I told you that you would never win." Sam said, a tear rolling down her cheek. Not knowing to the full extent of what was about to happen to her. Right before she snapped Peter came to and caught notice of what she was doing.
"SAM NO!" He screamed, his voice shaken and tears now in his eyes.
But it was already over. Sam had snapped her fingers and everything went white once again just like it did the first time it happened. But then everything faded and Sam looked over at Thanos who was now kneeling on the rubble of the fight. He slowly turned into ash, everyone of Thanos' army was. They all disintegrated in front of Sams eyes.
She couldn't peel her eyes off of everyone fading away until she heard a loud ringing in both of her ears and a tingling sensation all over her body. The stones were escaping the gauntlet and coming out of it, swirling around Sams head slowly levitating her off of the ground.
"Sam?" She heard Tony ask.
"I knew it." Thor said standing up from the rubble.