Chapter 17 - Recovery

"I get it that i wasn't myself for awhile there but trust me, i'm okay now Wanda." Sam said to Wanda, reassuring her that she could lower her hands and put away her magic.
"Listen Sam," Bruce said motioning to the table which Sam and Peter stepped over and sat at.
"We just don't know what you can't do yet. I mean we've had a glimpse, and apparently so have you."
"Right about the guards, i really didn't mean to do that to them. I made sure they were okay, kinda. But they like shot at me and I made the bullet stop in mid air and i didn't know wha-" Sam stuttered on still holding Peters hand underneath the table.
"Sam!" Peter whispered loudly.
"It's okay, calm down."
"Sorry ... it feels like my emotions are out of control. I have no knowing when i'm going to be super angry for no reason and knock someone out or literally have a breakdown." Sam said quietly. Everyone in the room was staring at her now, even Wanda was looking at her curiously. As if she wasn't the same person Wanda knew before.
"Your eyes. They keep changing colors whenever i look at you." Wanda said nonchalantly leaning closer to Sam to get a better look at her face.
Sam had the face of a normal teenager before she snapped, though she was bloodied and bruised from the battle. Also had a few scars from childhood and occasionally acne breakouts, otherwise normal. But now, her face was not bruised nor bloody. It looked soft and smooth like porcelain. She had no scars and it looked as though she had never been touched, never hit, never cut. Whatever the stones did to her, it's like they perfected her. Made her the way she was now needed. Strong but delicate. Powerful yet controlling.
"Oh yea. Peter mentioned that before i knocked out last time we talked. Apparently they just keep shifting and their not just regular anymore." Sam responded to Wanda as she sat back in her seat, still admiring Sams new and improved beauty and features.
"So does anyone wanna tell her or are you going to make me?" Peter said looking at everyone else in the room who had swiftly shifted their eyes towards him.
"What? Tell me what?" Sam responded back.
"Well since you've been out things have been starting to pick up again and Sam and Bucky have to go on a mission to trap this group of people and Wanda wants to go away too."
As Peter said this all Sam could do was look around the room at all of the other Avengers concerned faces. It was as if they were all waiting for Sam to explode.
"Oh. Okay. I get it. You guys gotta move on too right." Sam said to them all with a light smile so they knew she wasn't planning on lashing out on any of them. They all breathed a sigh of relief.
"Well on that note," Sam (wilson) said.
"Me and Bucky need to get going. We got a address point we got to follow."
"We are really glad your okay Sam, really glad." Bucky said walking over to Sam. This was her cue to the up and say goodbye to her friends.
First she hugged Bucky, he had recently cut his hair and now he didn't look like Jesus so that was good. Bucky always gave great hugs, and Sam was relieved he waited to leave until after she woke. Next Sam walked over and gave her quite the big hug too. Sam had always been shorter than Wilson but that didn't stop him from squeezing the life out of her in his hugs. Then next came Wanda. She walked up to Sam and seemed to be holding a piece of folded up paper in her hand. She had tears in her eyes.
"Wanda it'll be okay." Sam reassured her putting one hand on her cheek and wiping away her tear before pulling her into a hug. For a moment they stood there in an embrace. Sam could feel Wandas sadness, her loss. Sam almost forgot about what happened to Vision.
"Wanda must feel terrible." Sam thought to herself.
"Take care of yourself, you guys." Tony said to the three of them as they walked out of the conference room and down the hall to the front of the building.
"Well i hate to say this and i know it probably isn't the time but i'm starving. Did i just not eat anything for that week or what?" Sam questioned causing Peter to giggle slightly under his breath.
"You were a little busy trying to kill anyone who came near you." Peter said back still chuckling and looking at Tony who was now staring in a disapproving look.
"You guys can go upstairs to your room and there will be food waiting for you their. I alerted Karen that you're awake so she prepared you both a meal."
"Sweet." Sam said under her breath heading to the door ready to walk out until she was stopped again.
"One more thing. Dr.Strange, Bruce, Clint, and I have some business to attend to out of country. I know it is a terrible time but since half the population got snapped back we have some fixing to do. So you and Peter will be staying alone at the tower together, he's agreed to stay here with you till we get back." Tony said looking at Peter who's face was now bright red and was staring at Sam who also looked a bit shocked at this news.
"We're going to be here ... alone?" Sam questioned.
"Yes alone. That'll give you two time to talk and Peter can tell you about Steve and ... Steve and Nat." Tony frowned, his slight smiling suddenly falling and Sam could swear she heard Bruce sniffle.
"What? What happened to Steve and Nat?" Sam asked Peter but he was already opening and pushing her out of the door with Tony and Bruce not far behind them.
"We'll be back before you know it okay. Try not to do anything to crazy while i'm gone." Tony said winking at the two of them and then walking over and kissing Sam on the forehead.
"Okay well, I hate to ask but what did you tell my mom?!" Sam yelled back as they were walking away.
"She thinks you're at the hospital with no visitors. We're still trying to decide what to tell her!" Tony yelled back at Sam before turning out of the hallway and locking the door behind him.
Now it was just Peter and Sam. All alone in the Avengers campus.
"What does he mean decide what to tell her?" Sam asked looking over at Peter who was already staring at her.
"Oh we'll talk about that later. Let's go eat something first."
"And go get you a change of clothes. You don't look very stylish right now." Peter said chuckling and looking Sam up and down. She seemed to still be barefoot and only had a hospital gown over her bra and underwear. Then she noticed Peter was actually dressed, wearing a black hoodie, blue plaid pajama pants, and a pair of sandals with mismatched socks underneath.
"Oh come on. You act like you look any better than me. Sock with sandals? I thought i taught you better than that." Sam said laughing with Peter who laughed at this too and they stepped into the elevator going up to the housing level of the campus.
"I've been sleeping here since the snap back. I've gone back to school a few times to see Ned and i visit Aunt May at least a few times a week but she's looking for a new house for us so i thought i would take off some stress and stay here." Peter said looking down and playing with his hoodie strings.
"Hey, i'm glad you're here." Sam said to him with a reassuring smile.
"Even if we do have to survive with just each other for a week,"
"... alone." Sam added on to her sentence at the last minute.
"Alone." Peter said quietly as the elevator door opened up to the giant kitchen and walls made of windows.
"And so the week begins." Sam thought to herself stepping out of the large elevator and on to the cold tile floor.