CHAPTER 11: Chase

Chapter 11: Chase

I can't feel my legs. I can't feel myself walking as I step nearer inside the house. All I hear is my pure heartbeat as it trembles along with my mind. I feel like bursting. My tears can't show up perhaps they are afraid as I am.

The door never looked frightening as it is now. I never felt this scared opening this. Twisting this doorknob was easy until being in this situation of having your parents at the other side waiting for you after finding out your huge disappointing secret. my life changing secret no one in this house could ever understand.

As I earned enough courage to reveal what's waiting for me, I finally twisted the doorknob just after my life was also twisted the moment they discovered me. Their real son.

Closed eyes as the door was fully opened, My nerves come up and strike again. Now I feel my mother sobbing, tightly inside her arms.

My tears. They are falling. Without me hearing anything. Without me seeing anything. They are just rolling through my cheeks. Non-stop.

"Give me that" My father says, breaking the silence.

He is obviously referring to my camera strapped around me.

Opening my eyes, I see purely sad eyes, from a girl I love the most. And it's breaking to see her that way. She lands her hands to my both cheeks as her pleading eyes continue to tear me slowly.

"You'll give me that camera or I have to get that from you?" He again commands, now, in a lot louder frightening voice.

I can feel my mother's pain. The pain coming from the moment she can't neither do anything or maybe what to do with the situation we have now. We both are shaking in fear, it's just that my mother can't contain it while im in deep silence, calmly getting through.

I have to give it. Surrender it all. My passion. My safehaven. My life.

My mother finally let me go, giving me the space to hand it over.

And as soon as my camera lands on my father's hand, it's all over. In a blink, my camera turns to pieces, scattered on the floor as my father savagely drop it.

And it's getting painful. I never knew there was more. More painful that it already was. It's excruciating. Hurting every inch of me. Down to my soul where my hope is living. Where my will to live is still fighting.

My camera. It's like a horcrux to me. I felt it. I feel like half of me is now dead.

And it's only the tip of the iceberg. There's so much to come I have to deal with. Now. Literally right now facing my parents. And my brother. Witnessing every moment, standing at the stairs, freezing. He's like so concern as a brother when all this time I feel like nothing to him. When all this time, I never felt he's even my brother. When all this time, I never found alliance in his presence. But who cares anyway, we never cared for each other. It's just that he doesn't need to show he's concern or even just affected. He doesn't need to put a face like that. Because obviously, I'm not liking it.

"We are giving you what you need, and all you do is this gayshit" my father say, emphasizing each word. "Pack all your things, you're not my son anymore." He finishes his words and walks away.

He's done. Done with his wrath. Done with me being his son. After those extremely heavy words, He's done. And it's worse. As I am expecting for an hour confrontation of this life changing scenario. It's worse that he's done with me just like that. No lengthy speeches. No emotional messages. He just let go of me just like that. He didn't have the time to just deal with me.

I'm a son of no one now.
That fast.
And I'm homeless.
That fast.

"Anak" my mother utters while she clearly holding her tears back.