Foreword

Foreword

Hiding your true self inside the closet is never easy.

You may be lucky enough to know where your heart wants to go, however, that's not how our story ends and life doesn't work like that.

There is always this line you're taught not to cross, not to reveal what's on the other side.

Some surely know what they want, but people around won't let them to do so. Some surely know who they are, but chose to settle themselves under a security blanket, where they thought more safe and the only choice they have.

How awful that some have to be someone else, and that's excruciating, getting more painful as it's being kept. I know how it feels. I've been there, experienced every agony in different ways, from the resistible, to ways that nearly swallowed me.

All my life, I was trying to convince people with what they wanted to see from me. In which, that wasn't really me.

And if that's not my real self, in those very long years I have lived, where was I?

What if I had the guts to refuse to join that basketball team and stayed in our house? Maybe I never heard people saying I'm a wimpy guy, inferior among the boys my age. It made me think I'm a lesser person who needs to catch up with the constant upward progress of everybody. That it showed me a certain way, which blocked my sight to routes I didn't know that exist.

What if I have been myself in the first place?

Maybe I got more. Maybe I'm more confident, slaying in the most genuine smile. Maybe I never had to blame myself for the failure I've done for trying to fit  shoes that's not for me.

Maybe I am more.

All these pain, disappointments, and bruises we never deserved. Possibly escaped with the help of people around you. They who should have been our haven and anchor. They who should have been the open ears for our unheard battlecry.

This story is for those unfortunate and having a very hard time being themselves.

This story is for people searching for a deeper meaning of love.

This story is for straight people who needs to understand the feeling under that rainbow flag.

This story is for everyone.

This is "Can We Make It Right?", first story written by Vhan Marco Molacruz.