CHAPTER 6.1: Chase

CHAPTER 6.1 (Chase)

A busy morning on a street of Intramuros. Crowded with students wearing different uniforms from different universities around. Foreigners riding amused on a kalesa. Adult males who I can say fathers are untiringly driving their pedicabs despite of exhaustion. A usual scene you can witness in this historical place.

A perfect time to capture every single detail that makes this place alive.

It just becomes better seeing those group of college students chipping in money to give to that old homeless lady sitting on the ground. I can see those begging eyes through my camera. Those genuine smiles of students after helping. It really nourishes heart to witness little acts of generosity. They might gave just a small amount, but the joy they brought was priceless.

I missed doing this. After that week of urge not to walk with my camera, finally, I'm actually getting happier now.

I got few shots before I enter the university. Our cheerful guards smiling to each students while checking bags.

It's really a good thing to start your day with a smile. It hits different. Like it's not only a greeting but a reminder that we have lots of reasons to be happy and this world is a wonderful place to live.

I go straight to my locker which is in the student lounge just near the entrance.

As I open my locker, Coby suddenly pops up in my mind. I don't know but I think it's because of the techpen he let me borrow the last time we draw together that shows right after opening my locker.

We are getting close to each other. That's a fact. As a friend or brother or anything he wants to call it. But that stays there. Which is absolutely also a fact.

But hoping is inevitable. You know for sure that it's a snowball's chance in hell but your ambitious desire will always find a way to keep the fire burning.

First of all, he's a guy who will never like a guy like me. That didn't even exists in his dictionary. He also explained how serious he is with his studies that he don't have time for anything else. Not even a crazy party every college students enjoy.

We already built nice friendship between us which I never expect that universe will give me. Maybe I'm not being contented and wishing for more after receiving more than enough. That kinda sound selfish and ambitious.

But am I to be blame for feeling this? If yes, how could I stop this then? I don't want to lose someone I just had who I waited for so long. this is crazy. Whenever it sinks into my mind? I can't help but to feel worried.

So after that blank stare holding this techpen, I put it inside my bag so I can return it to him later. And to get rid of the anxiety it might bring whenever I open my locker.

That's when I notice a piece of... it's a polariod frame over my books. I am very sure that I did not put something like this in here. I was clueless before taking a look on.

It's a picture, of me drawing a plate. It was stolenly taken at the library. It gives me chill seeing this. This is pretty creepy.

You're cute when you're serious

It was written at the back of the frame. and letter K written at the bottom right.

A smile automatically comes out from my lips. I don't know why but maybe because I just got a compliment from someone hiding her identity. It's just that surprising that there's actually someone who's been up to me given that I never got to talk with anyone except for some.

"Ano yan?" A familiar high-pitch grating voice from my back catched my attention. I look back and see Kath forcing a look on the picture I'm holding.