CHAPTER 8.2: Max

CHAPTER 8.2 (Max)

"Ahh..sorry....ah...nakalimutan ko pala yung baso sa baba" I just say, before stepping back outside and immediately closes the door, startled after seeing kuya Coby lying over kuya Chase, trying to kiss him. Aah.. I mean no, there's no kissing happening here. Their faces are just close to each other but that doesn't mean they're doing that. But why? How did they end up in that position?

What did I just saw? Am I to be blame for witnessing something that brings me to a conclusion I should not be thinking? Should I knock the door first? Guess not. Why should I? Knowing that they are just the two inside, playing.

I rush down, trying to get over with what I saw. I get three elegant glasses from the cupboard, take a high reach, tip-toed, trying to keep my balance. These glasses look expensive.

"Max!" Tita Marj shouts at my back.

Shocked, I almost slip one of the glass. Which luckily, my athletic instinct was enough to save that glass from breaking. Relieved. I don't want to spend my night risking my bare hands picking up tiny broken glasses scattered on the floor. That would totally waste my time, that I waited for so long. This night, I must enjoy the whole time, free from school works or picking broken glass shit.

Tita rushes to me, gets the glass I just saved, checks it like it's an antique jar.

"Andun sa lamesa 'yung mga ginagamit naming baso" Tita says while wiping away possible dust from the glass and return it to it's place inside the cupboard.

I go towards the table and saw a more simple glasses. Okay I knew it. the rule every mom has. That those glasswares kept inside that cupboard are used for special occasions only or for significant visitors. Of course I know that, Tita Marj and my mom are almost completely the same.

"Kamusta kayo sa taas?" She asks, wiping one glass after another. Making sure her precious collections are still complete, free from dust, and safe. She's like carrying a baby in gentle and care.

"Okay lang 'ta. Nagkakapatungan na"

"Whaat!?" She responds. Surprised, she accidentally dropped the glass. I didn't do it. Atleast, she can't blame me for that. But still, I can still feel the blame.

"Ahhh..." shit. shit. shit. Why did I say that. "Ahhh.. nagkakapatungan na po ng bayad tita! Nagpupustahan po kasi kami." I just utter, barely shaking. "Akyat na po ako tita! Baka kailangan na po nila 'tong baso. Ayaw mo naman siguro tunggain nila 'yung mamahaling pitchel mo diba." Without wasting a second, I turn away and walk swiftly, still careful for I am carrying glasses with just my fingers. I don't want to add the grief of my tita after losing one of her collection.

I go upstairs, thinking about how would I make my entrance in the least awkward way. Things are getting messed up. Awkward moment just after another.

As I open the door, they're now sitting on the bed, more casual than before. Acting like everything is fine which it should be at the first place.

Now, they two are looking at me. It's getting awkward. I should have knock first and followed that plan. It's highly possible that those stares mean something. I just don't exactly know but it can be also because of the glasses I'm holding. Either that or maybe I'm right. It could go either way.

"Ahhh..." I startled and put down the glasses before I completely slip it to the floor. "So.. sino papalitan ko?"

"Max?" Kuya Coby responds in his most bragging voice. "Kelan mo ba ko nakitang natalo?"

"Ah..ewan? E ako lang naman kalaro mo buong buhay mo."

"Kahit na." He answers after seeing how kuya Chase reacts with my answer, chuckling in silence.