CHAPTER 10.1: Chase

CHAPTER 10.1 (Chase)

"Kath? Nasaan ka na?" I greet her eardrums after she finally answered my eighth call attempt. "Please don't tell me na malayo ka pa?"

I ditched my Rizal class just to show my ass here in our meeting place at the exact time she gave. A mall near their house yet look who's not here.

"Ah....." She responds.

"Anoo?"

"Teka! Iniisip ko kung paano ko sasabihing malayo pa ko nang hindi sinasabing malayo pa ko!"

"Then just say na malayo ka pa! Atleast I have to know kung gaano katagal pa kitang kukulamin sa utak ko!"

"Kakasabi mo lang na 'wag kong sabihin! Saka 'wag ka ngang tawag ng tawag! Nasa jeep ako! Papalitan mo ba 'to phone ko pag nasnatch 'to? Mabuti sana kung snatch lang e, paano kung maholdup ako? Tas nasaksak ng ice pick sa tagiliran? Edi nabawasan pa ng magaganda sa mundo! Huhuntingin talaga kita sa next life ko! Saka—"

I end the call just before it goes with more and more non sense statements just to cover up her being late. Count people passing by wearing stripes is better than listening to her. And this is my day since two hours ago. I already heard the whole reason why this couple sitting behind me are breaking up. One is that the girl never wanted to eat on a foodcourt. But the main reason is that the girl is now sick of his streamer boyfriend. The guy has been on streaming all night long that they have lost time for sexual relations. You heard that right. I'm sure I heard that right too.

I never meant to be nosy but their voices are just loud enough for me to hear. Given that I am just a meter away from them. And also because the guy is kinda cute. Uhmm. No, he's totally cute. That it hurts me to see him sob. I almost break in and speak for him that he doesn't deserve to cry and it has to be in public. But of course I can't do that. That's totally out of reality. But speaking of reality, I honestly imagined to have a gamer partner and that we will play in our gaming room, all night until we find ourselves in each other's arm, in our peaceful slumber and waking up to greet our fans a good morning.

Hey! Universe! I know you're the mastermind behind all of this. Now I know why you let that girl be late. I don't want to lead the way. I'll just leave that on you. I'll just wait and accept what you have for me. Gladly. Wholeheartedly. Sincerely yours, the one wishing for a loving gamer...... not exactly a gamer but a loving partner. You decide.

But wait. Let's go back to the reality because sadly, we can't just talk with the universe and hope for things to get better. I am now stuck here in a mall waiting for that.. I don't want to mention her name anymore. It makes my "I should have attended my Rizal class" regret awake.

Too many moments after, waiting game is still on. I already changed my outfit which took an hour to be final and find out what I should wear and what I shouldn't. That's a debut party, a formal party that has to have a formal guess. But on the other hand, I'm not one of those eighteen roses or guess that will talk infront with their clingy messages. So maybe I should be in just casual. But! I don't wan't look trash around people wearing gowns and coats. But I have to consider that I'm going to do lots of movements since I have to captures moments that should be captured and that means I have to wear something comfortable like a stretchable jeans or a button down polo.

Maybe now you already know why it took hours for me to decide. But I must go with just one and I end up wearing my favorite jeans, my most expensive black tee I bought last Christmas, and a navy bumber jacket which I bought long time ago but I don't know where exactly I should wear it but seems like this is the perfect moment to finally use this one. And the easiest part to finish this look is pair these with my never going out of style triple white Air force. And if I would still look out of place, I got my perfectly fit white longsleeve to save my night, folded properly in my bag. Just when I look like a rooster around peacocks.