CHAPTER 9.4: Chase

Chapter 9.4 (Chase)

"Chase?" Kath asks.

We are now in a jeepney going to her pad after she successfully convinced me to do such thing I don't know if I could possibly do. It's just my compassion towards Kath prevails. And now, Maybe I should think of myself already and the shame I am going to do later on. Now I'm here, trying to be a superhero. Being a good friend and I hope I can be as good as with taking pictures.

"Bakit nanaman?"

"Kanina sa milktea shop? Naisip ko lang, bakit ayaw mo na malaman nilang baliko ka?" She whispers

"Naisip ko lang rin? Bakit kailangan mong isipin?"

"Ahh..naisip ko lang rin na baka ayaw mong malaman nila, kasi gusto mong isipin nila na magjowa tayo!"

Here comes Kath again.

"Nabagok ka ba nung bata?"

"Kunwari ka pa!" She responds. "Alam mo, Chase, pwede parin naman!"

"Gusto mo ilaglag kita dito sa jeep? Baka sakaling bumalik sa ayos 'yang utak mo. Malala ka na e!"

And then she takes a distance after knowing that I'm getting furious. She should take note that I can change my plans either way and that how badly she needs me today.

"E bakit nga?" She asks again.

Things are getting serious but it's still Kath after all, insisting what she wants to know.

"Because going out of the closet is my thing. It's my decision where and when would I do it. It's only me who should make actions on how and who are the people to know—-"

"Ah ganun ba. Okay." she butts in.

"Hindi pa ako tapos. Coming out would definitely bring huge impact that it requires time and so much courage to do so."

"Ah sige, Chase. Pero kasi..."
"Kuyaa!" She shouts to the driver

"Hindi pa ko tapos, Kath, makinig ka! So if there's someone who should do that, it's not you, not even my family. It's only me who knows when I am ready to face that changes. Oh ngayon? Anong gusto mong gawin ko?"

"Chase, sa daming mong sinabi, lumagpas na tayo sa babaan."

"Manong para ho!" She shouts.

I don't know who to blame but, okay let's admit this one. Here we go again in the middle of series of unfortunate events featuring Kath, the disaster maker.

I was carried along with my emotions that I didn't gave Kath a moment to speak. And  on the serious note, that's actually how serious I am earlier talking about that thing. Which I never thought that I could be that person who spoke up earlier. I don't know but I don't think that was me. What happened already happened. And I can say that it's somehow funny to think. What's not so funny now is that we have to walk under this scorching sun going back to where we were supposed to go.

"Malayo pa ba 'yung bahay niyo?"

She lives somewhere here in Valenzuela. I'm not going to know what part because I don't want to come back here again. It's a couple hour travel from school and it's not a joke riding in a jeepney, stuck in the middle of heavy traffic.

"Malapit na! Saka wag ka ngang magreklamo dyan! Kasalanan mo 'to!"

"Ah so balikan natin mga nangyari?"

"Ay joke lang! Malapit na po! Konting tiis nalang po!"

Good that she still know who she's talking with and what's really happening here is because of her fucking decision making.