CHAPTER 4: Max

CHAPTER 4 (Max)

First day meeting with the club. I and Mon are sitting on the ground at the back of the room. The chairs are all moved to walls and all the members are sitting in the space in the middle. All are waiting for our the club moderator, except me. I am waiting for someone else. I don't know why but it just feels like I wanna see him again.

The moderator comes in. The wait is over. But not just for them. That guy comes along.

Same as the first time I saw him, he still looks serious. He walks straight and sits infront that I can't see his face anymore.

"Huy, Max! Ba't ka nakatulala dyan?" Mon asks while looking at his pocket mirror then follows his head to the direction of my eyes.

"Andyan na pala si Lance" he says in excitement. "Saka bakit ganyan ka naman makatitig? Inggit ka? Mas pogi siya sa'yo?"

Of course not. Telling Mon the reason why is not a good idea. So I just give him a stare to his nonsense presumption.

"Yan yung lead actor ng Teatro dito last year nung Junior High pa kami. Sobrang galing niya! pogi, magaling sumayaw saka kumanta" he says and pause. "kaso hindi namamansin saka magnanakaw"

"Haah??" I respond.

"Ninakaw niya kasi yung puso koo" he answer while his hands on his left chest acting like he's hurt.

I was surprised at first. I thought it was for real. Turns out just an old cliched joke that isn't funny at all.

Our moderator starts to introduce with her sweet smile. She looks young as a teacher. I can say he's not the strict type. A relief for me as I don't know why I am here.

She also mentioned in her introduction speech that those who aren't sure about entering this club got the time to leave and look for another.

I feel like that message is really for me. But I don't want to go outside and wander where would I go.

I am here and after this moment, there's no turning back. So, just let happen what would happen.

Our moderator starts to sort us. But there's no sorting hat or whatever. She just points a place for our choice. The performers in the left. The right side is for dancers. Production team will occupy the back.

Everyone starts to go to their respective places and I'm like a lost boy in a mall. I don't know where to go. Mon suddenly disappears by my side.

I know that going with the performers is not a good decision to do. I have this manner of laughing in every serious situation. That would be a horrible idea.

I am not blessed with musical instinct. I can't even distinguish a wrong tone or note or anything related to music. My singing voice is just for me to hear. In the bathroom. Sometimes for my mom and guess what? Even my mother can't resist my— nevermind. I don't want to talk about my voice.

Dancing will definitely make me out if this club. It's the least thing I can do. I will never forgive myself if I ever saw myself dancing. Just by thinking of it, I'm starting to cringe.

"So everyone are good with their roles" Our moderator shouts

Wait? I didn't even make a move. I'm still here in my place. At the back.

Wait?

I look around and saw some students are near me.

I saw Mon sitting with the dancers and Lance is in the performers side, of course.

Our moderator gives us time to acquaint with each other. Which I'm bad at.

While Mon got a new bunch of friends or stranger or more likely in between. They are just strangers who he talks like a long time friend.

On my side, I just listen to every person in my group talking about anything related with our role.

Wait? In what group am I in? What tasks are expected from us?

"Way back in highschool, I got to experience directing a play." A girl from our group shares.

"Me, I designed the wardrobe for our play last year" another one butts in.

Ow. I'm in the production team. Which I got no idea anything related with this that gives me this thrilling feeling.

"Okay! Attention! Actors! Productions! Singers! Dancers! I hope you already familiar with the faces of people you will work with for the rest of the year." She announces. "So next meeting we'll have your respective exercises activities! Singers will sing of course, Dancers, prepare a dance number. You can group by friends. Productions, produce a play that will be played by our actors, okay"

"Let's see who will stay here in our Guild" a man standing at the door answers. He's the club supervisor. "And there we can see who have the potential to join the School Theater Guild, there you'll be working with the best Performers in this school. See you next meeting, goodluck! Actum!" And then he leaves.

That scares me. I don't want go out of this club and find another where I don't have any companion. Atleast here, I got Mon.

I'll just take whatever they want me to do. I heard that there are members who will be assigned to do the props. I can settle with doing their costumes than to cook in cooking club.

"Sorry po, I was called in the office" A girl says right after hurriedly entering the room. It was Sofie. she will be my clubmate. for a year.