CHAPTER 10: Lance

Chapter 10 (Lance)

I never saw myself sitting infront of the house resided by this boy, Max. It's just bizarre to actually find my ass standing here. I am normally chained with weekend stuff, which is much more productive than exposing my skin under this scorching heat of the sun. What really sucks is that I am here for about an hour, waiting for Max to come out and see me to claim his bag that he weirdly forgot. Addition to that, he's not even responding to my messages and calls. Well, I guess he's still on his bed, probably dreaming about us two, doing things he might be hoping like we're dating and kissing and every single clingy things that you would do if you got the chance to be with the most famous guy in the school and that's precisely me. I can't blame him for that. But he needs to wake up now since that guy he's dreaming of is here outside his house, waiting for him in reality.

"Kuya" a voice appears from behind. Happened it was from a kid, in nine, I think. He has a bagpack with him and on his hand is a pack of colorful...candies, I guess. He's also wearing a bright pink and orange stripes tee that's annoying to see and I swear, whoever thinks that this is beautiful, they're either nerd or having no class in the context of fashion. He looks like a abandoned cotton candy, walking under the sun honestly"

"Baka gusto niyo po bumili ng Macapuno?" he asks, handing me.

"Ah..sorry boy pero hindi ako kumakain niyan" I just say. All I want now is to see Max and have a shade over me because the heat is no joke to my skin anymore. I didn't skipped my workshop just to buy a worthless piece of goods.

The boy smiled and turns straight away as if he completely understands me which is a good thing since I am totally not in the mood to deal with some random kid offering me a candy or whatever it is.

An hour has already passed, and my legs are starting to feel numb. Now, I am sitting on this gutter that I have to put one shoe under my butt because the ground is overly hot to sit on. This waiting game is far from my usual relaxing weekend destination.

A moment just before I finally become a toasted human, I felt a shade over me. I felt better and that's because of the umbrella over me. Surprisingly, It's the kid, the one selling the colorful candy a while ago, smiling while looking at me sitting. Our eyes catches each other and that pushes me to smile back.

"Magkano ba 'yan?"

He immediately sits beside me, still holding the umbrella. "One hundred lang po!" He says in his sweet innocent voice.

"Lang? para sa candy na 'to? one hundred?" I respond in disbelief

"Macapuno po, kuya!" He says, clearing what he's selling. "mukha naman ho kayong mayaman, mukhang mamahalin nga po 'yang relo niyo oh! sigurado ako na barya lang po sainyo 'yung one hundred"

Just like what I have told a while ago, I am not in the mood to deal with this boy but, he somehow deserves to be paid. I mean, I can't refuse to someone who just showed kindness to me. He's a kid and that's kind of pure. He initiated though I rejected him at the first place but still, he never hesitated to give that shade he could offer and I think, that has to be paid.

"Thank you, kuya! May pambaon na 'ko bukas!" He says, very happy after handing him a hundred peso bill. His smile were so genuine that made me partly guilty for being rude to him at first.

"Anong pangalan mo boy?" I ask. I don't know but I never thought that I would be asking a random kid's name but here it is.

"Ronron po!" He responds, smiling.

Seeing him that way, it hits different. I am actually feeling good right now. All the shit happening seems gone and all in my mind right now is that I pulled a smile out of a kid and that's kind of satisfying. Really satisfying.