CHAPTER 9.3: Chase

CHAPTER 9.3 (Chase)

"Chase, diba tapos naman na klase mo?"

Kath asks while putting down two milkteas on our table.

We are now in a newly opened milktea shop near the university and that's because of the persistent invitation of this girl infront of me.

"Before I answer that, I just thought na it's not you that will bring me here and actually pay for the drink. Would you?"

"I'm not the girl who you just thought" she answers. "Saka.. don't you like the place? I just want to try here! Why is that a big deal?"

Well then okay I get it. She brought me here to compromise with the disaster she caused to me. If only Kath would know that what actually happened is not her fault at all. In fact, that incident pushed me to look for and met Kali. But who can refuse to a free milktea? I guess, no one.

"Bakit hindi pa large 'yung binili mo?" I say just after Kath took her seat infront of me. "Sampung piso lang naman idadagdag mo"

"Wala tayong pinagusapan na large!" She replies right away with her iconic annoying voice. "Sampung piso rin yun no! Di mo rin naman uubusin yang damong inorder mo tapos iiwan mo lang dito para kunwari mayaman ka na hindi sumisimot ng inumin!" He says rapidly, explaining her side.

"Daming sinabi sa sampung piso" I just say while I can't take myself from showing that I really enjoy this well made matcha drink.

"Yuck!" She responds, "mga kambing ba kayo? at sarap na sarap kayo sa mamahaling lumot na yan?" She continues, visibly disgusted while watching me enjoying my drink.

"Matcha isn't crafted for uncultured taste buds just like the one you have. . . Slapsoil" I just say.

Yes. I am honestly enjoying the vibe here. The milktea is good, as well as the place. Well interiored, peaceful and comfortable. Perfect for stressed college students who needs a relaxing time for themselves.

No doubt why this shop is being flocked by students from different universities around. Some are in their formal and corporate uniforms. Some are in their civillian attire with just their school ID's. All are busy with their businesses. Some are cramming. Some are just having a good time, laughing time after time, but with class, not like how this girl infront of me show her esophagus while laughing.

Speaking of the girl, as I turn my eyes back to her, I notice her, smiling to someone outside the shop. Ofcourse I want to know what makes this girl smile like an idiot. And... turns out that she's waving, charming a guy. A guy beside his girlfriend.

The tenacity. The guts. Extra...ordinary.

The moment came to an end when the girlfriend showed her middle finger up and stare Kath like... I don't know. I can't explain, then they leave. I can't stop laughing inside, witnessing this very awkward situation. My Kathereen is above extraordinary. She's a...crazy bitch. With a heart.

Kath was stunned. Yes, but not that affected as she smiles in disbelief, and looks at me like everything is normal.

"Ay!?" She opens, "Girlfriend niya pala 'yon!? Akala ko kasi nanay niya" she continues, bursting her laugh like she's the only customer inside.

I'm not proud having Kath. I mean I love her as my friend but... in situations like this? Like....does Kath always needs to do this kind of public display of...embarrassment?

After a shameful minute being with Kath laughing her lungs out, she finally rest her jaw and takes a sip on her drink.... and talk again.

The speed of recovery. Kath is extraordinary. That's on period.