CHAPTER 7.1: Chase

CHAPTER 7.1 (Chase)

"Hi Chase"

It's actually happening. I'm about see the person behind all of this. It's about time to meet the blank faced person I'm having all this time.

After having enough courage, I slowly look up.

A guy stands firm in front of me. Smiling, looking straight to my eyes. A moment after, he's still looking at me, he keeps his stare, never withrawing and so did I. Long-grown hair, overly-thick brows, that matches with his pleasing eyes.

"Kali" he utters

I keep my eyes, clueless. I just feel out of myself.

"Ah...Kali is my name"

Ah. okay. So Kali is his name. I should have get it by the first time but I don't know why I'm feeling like this. Maybe I didn't saw this coming and it happened really fast like it has to be now. And.... wait? The person behind all of this is this cute guy beside me. Ow. That makes me feel more anxious.

"Chase" I answer. "Ahhh... I mean Hi." I pause.

He already know my name anyway so what's the need and why didn't I skip that part of saying my name when he already knew it at the first place. Shit. I'm being weird.

This is not how I should handle this where I actually acting weird than normal.

"Sorry kung natakot kita. Don't worry, I'm not stalker or anything" He says before taking a sit close beside me. He might already noticed that I'm feeling uncomfortable and that I didn't gave him a nice greet.

Which is really the plan. All I have in my head is that I'm gonna burst in anger, but in the most approriate that I will not look rude. That I will tell that person what inconvenience he caused to me for doing all those hiding and sending pictures. That I will make him understand that it's not funny at all.

But here it goes. Turns out like he's the one controlling the mood. All those hate scripts in my mind suddenly fades away and forgiveness took it's place. How can I be rude to a guy who's smiling so sweet straight to me. I cannot!

"Please don't get me wrong. I just appreciate your photos and...you...that's all" He says. Still looking at me.

"Ahhh.. if that so, bakit hindi mo nalang ako kinausap right from the start? Hindi mo na sana pinahirapan yung sarili mo for sending these."

I'm starting to feel back to myself. It's getting normal as we talk to each other.

"Ahhhh" he responds hesitant of what to say next. "I....I just can't find a way to approach you. I don't have the courage to do that. I'm afraid that you might not consider me—"

"Who would reject someone as nice as you?" I butt in.

He smiles.

Ow. did I just say it? Shit. That's horrible. Not considering is far from rejection. I'm so dumb to say that. I think I just crossed the line and took his words differently.

"Yah! I mean consider! Who would not consider you? As a friend?" I continue.

I can't look at him. Maybe questions are now forming in his head. Why did I say that? I'm crying, acting like everything's good and normal.

"I'm following you on IG" he says showing me his phone in my Instagram profile. "I'm so impressed with your photos. I was so excited nung nakita ko sa stories mo na dito ka mag-aaral. But it turns out that a talented guy who got greater works than I do is an engineering guy."

Should my artist-self needs to break out of its cage and bother me once again?

Should I, again, regret the things I didn't choose? Or should I say, things I cannot go with.