CHAPTER 8: Max

CHAPTER 8 (Max)

Someone's knocking. It's probably kuya Coby, who should have been here three hours ago.

I open the door, and it's him. Suppressing a smile.

"Andito na ko!" He greets.

"San ka galing? Pangasinan? 5 hours ago, otw ka na ah" I answer upset. But what more can I do, atleast he's here now.

"Rush hour. Traffic" He answers back, trying to convince me that a five hours of waiting is just nothing. He dashes his feet straight to the stairs going up the room. Excited to make up with his absence.

"Traffic pa ngayon" I whisper to myself after closing the door and follow him.

I know he's lying. We've been together like siblings for my whole life and that I think he got nothing to hide from me. Idiot.

"Tumawag pala sakin si mama" I say while on the stairs going up. "Sainyo daw ako matutulog bukas kasi uuwi lang siya mamaya para kumuha ng gamit tapos aalis din bukas ng umaga kasi may team builiding daw sila sa Laguna."

"Oh ngayon?" He answers without a hint of interest.

He opens the door of my room and enter just like it's his.

"Ano 'to?" He asks laughing as he saw a super mario game flashed on TV. "Nilalaro mo parin 'to?" then he dives over my bed, grabs the controller and play. "Ako pa nagbigay sa'yo nito ah"

Well, I decided to play that game while waiting for him to arrive. Okay. I did it because I can't play the new Resident Evil I just bought that's why I settle for Mario just to have something to play.

But since he's now here. Time to put it back.

So I just pull that mario off without even asking.

"Lah?" He responds after what I did.

"Akala ko ba bata ka pa niyan?" I answer while setting up another cd.

All is set. Time to play.

"Sigurado ka na ba dyan?" He asks, obviously trying to annoy me. "Baka sa sobrang takot mo, hindi mo na ako pauwiin mamaya ah"

Which I hope won't happen. I just want to brag over my former classmates that I have finished this game. This is the center of the talk in our group chat lately, and I don't want to be left out.

That's why I bought it. But failed the first time when I tried to play this game alone. That spine-chilling background music and the realistic graphics brought me an experience in Asylum. Alone.

Let's see how long I can survive this time with the presence of my cousin.

And wait. I have to take picture of this. This is the main reason. To let them know I am fearless and brave and nothing can stop me from playing this game.

Sitting on my bed, I crawl my body to reach the phone near my pillows.

When all of a sudden, the light vanished. And the only light comes from the terrifying resident evil visuals, surrounded with the blaring chilling sound effects that made me shout as loud as I can. Folds myself under this blanket I grabbed.

After that deafening yell, I heard a continuous laugh. Coming from kuya Coby, standing at the door where the switch of the light is located.

That is what he does best. I'm his favorite toy he keeps on playing. I got no choice, he's my only cousin here.

He walks towards the bed, apologizing, but still on his irresistable laugh. He hands me the controller which I have no choice but to grab. I already inform my former classmates and there's no turning back.