Chapter 2: Chase

CHAPTER 2 (Chase)

The eyes. The brows. The hoodie in beige. I saw him again. Capturing my eyes once more. In the middle of the crowd. On the way out of the auditorium. Too bad for me. He slowly fades. Swallowed by the crowd. A blink and he's gone.

He's a freshman too. He seems new here since I don't see any of his friends.

The universe is in neutral position. Not bad that he gave me another chance to see him. But in that setting is not that good. Just a few glimpse and that's all. I again don't know if I ever gonna see him again. Atleast, now I know he's a freshman just like me. The possibility went higher. So if the universe really wants me to meet that guy, I'll just sit here and let the universe do it.

Now, I'm here at the middle of raving students. Standing still. Looking how wild they are. Screaming. Jumping continuously. Kath is one of them. She's obviously enjoying the moment. The music is deafening and the place looks like it's raining.

This is all not part of my plan. I didn't even brought extra shirt with me. Now my whole body is wet after that fireman aimed that hose straight to me.

The universe is again pulling ang prank on me. This is not even funny. I'm going to ride public vehicles wet and that's kind of embarassing.

My ears are completely annoyed with the loud music and my eyes can't settle with these jumping insanes.

About to step backward. When suddenly a strong bump takes me down on wet floor. My head badly hits the ground. It really hurts. Lying down with my eyes closed because the water keeps on blinding me.

My head's still hurt. I can feel it. But I can also feel someone infront of me. I got to finally open my eyes and see heaven. An angel is close to my face. He's lying down with me. The deafening music suddenly fades away. My eyes are in disbelief. He's the guy in beige hoodie. But he's not wearing it. I can see his red lips, saying something but I can't hear anything even his face is just an inch away. We are looking on each other's eyes. It lingers.

"Naririnig mo ba 'ko?" He asks.

I finally hear a word. The world goes back normal. We both lying. With him over me. Its totally awkward. I look around. But no one seems to notice. Everyone is busy screaming happily for water.

Uncomfortable, I stand up quick. My head aches. I almost forgot I'm in pain. Slight dizzy.

Without a word, he grabs my hand and put it over his shoulder and starts to walk away from the grounds.

I can't widely open my eyes. I can still feel the pain on my head which makes me so dizzy that I just walk and follow him.

Not that long, we enter an airconditioned room. It's just nearby. I sit on a bed. Though my whole body is wet. Freezing.

A full minute, I slowly open my eyes and reveals a white room. I am in a clinic.

I look around and he's gone. Again. Everytime.

Atleast universe has something better for me this time. Improvement.

"What do you feel?" A nurse asks while checking my head.

About to answer but a voice appears behind the nurse.

"Nurse, pipe po siya, wala po siyang naririnig. Akala ko nga po baliw e"

He's the guy who brough me here. On his hand is his beige hoodie and he's giving it to me.

Wtf? He thinks I am mute? and insane?Seriously? and he's letting me wear his hoodie? For real?

I just grab it and wear before I freeze to death. It's more relaxing now.

The nurse gives me an ice bag. She says we can go now since there's nothing serious happened.